CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CM9 has been perfect- Would getting a PM9 be foolish? UPDATE***Got a PM45-BIG MISTAKE

Call back. You shouldn't have to pay to return a gun that is defective. I wouldn't be nasty but I wouldn't be nice either.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Some people just have a knack for handling these types of calls and getting cooperation from service departments. Having been in sales and service my entire career I can actually read from some posts how some would find it difficult. I agree it's not easy. Nobody's looking for a lesson so let me just say this: Be nice! Nobody wants to have their product or performance compared to another brand or company. Work WITH the service advisor not against them and you will probably get what you need. Good luck!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Some people just have a knack for handling these types of calls and getting cooperation from service departments. Having been in sales and service my entire career I can actually read from some posts how some would find it difficult. I agree it's not easy. Nobody's looking for a lesson so let me just say this: Be nice! Nobody wants to have their product or performance compared to another brand or company. Work WITH the service advisor not against them and you will probably get what you need. Good luck!
    I was nice, never made a negative comment about their products and used a positive tone. I explained what was going on, and there is a LOT of issues with this gun, mentioned it failed to pick up a round off a fresh full magazine, and the rep replied "How are you releasing the slide?", implying I was the idiot that does not know how to operate a pistol. I explained that 95% of the time I released the slide using the slide stop lever, and tried the slide pull back method in an attempt to see it the gun would work.

I ran 198 rounds through this gun, as round count went up the gun got worse and worse.
    On the phone I never complained harshly, I even mentioned I was extremely happy with my Kahr CM9 that has about 800 rounds of 100% reliable operation, the rep could care less.

I have dealt with S&W, Springfield Armory, Ruger, Glock, and one other I cannot recall, and they have all been more than graceful and have sent labels. Yes, I have been in and out of a lot of guns over the years, best service and lack of need for service is S&W and Springfield Armory.

This pistol is a fricking train wreck, I even had one situation where I had a live round in the chamber with a full mag inserted, and a misfire and I could not pull the slide back to extract the round, I have no idea what the hell happened there.

I ran my own business for 34 years or so, if a customer of mine had an issue with my wiring, I was there to correct the problem within 24 hours or less, because I gave a chit.

sparx

Understood and I can feel your frustration. Some of us who have been supplying service all our lives are the hardest to receive service...because we expect the same excellent service we give. Regardless, sometimes our frustrations are received as negativity and that can break down the process. Maybe you are better off getting an FFL to send it for you at a discounted rate (as advised by others). Once Kahr recognizes your train wreck of issues, they might just step up. Bottom line = you need your pistol fixed. If everyone cooperates, it gets done.

P.S. Just imagine how many guns get sent back with absolutely nothing wrong with them and how that impacts a company's costs, branding, etc. Imagine if there were online forums about your company where people could log in and vent whether you deserve it or not. It's good to take a couple steps in the others' shoes.

Hope I'm not just fanning the flames. I really do wish you and others in your position the best.
    ​O|||||||O

And one more thing.

Years ago I was an FFL dealer.
    From my experience it is NOT the BATF's policy that an individual must ship a handgun back to a factory for repair using overnight service.

I called Kahr again, just a while ago to try for a different approach to return this gun AKA "POS". I was told it HAD to go overnight shipper (Non-USPS) because "this is the BATF regulation." Unfortunately that is a flat out lie.

I called the BATF just now, spoke with an agent, and the law stands as it did when I held my FFL back in the 90's. The agent informed me that the BATF only requires that you ship using a private shipper, (meaning not the USPS), and that there are NO OTHER REQUIREMENTS.

So, it comes down to the fact that the shippers (UPS FedEx) have instituted a policy of their own, to line their pockets with MORE CASH, and is using a fabricated BATF rule to cover for it. Legally a pistol could be shipped Fed Ex or UPS ground back to the factory, and NO FEDERAL LAW would be violated. This carrier policy is BS, and a simple way to make life difficult for gun owners, like us, and fill their deep pockets at the same time with cash.

When I talked to Kahr not too long ago, about providing me with a return label, they just stated their warranty policy and blew me off. That's OK because I have purchased my very last Kahr, and plan to inform other gun owners of Kahr's intolerable customer service.

Sparx

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ...Hope I'm not just fanning the flames...
    I guess I was. My sincerest apologies.
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
    And one more thing.

Years ago I was an FFL dealer.
    From my experience it is NOT the BATF's policy that an individual must ship a handgun back to a factory for repair using overnight service.

I called Kahr again, just a while ago to try for a different approach to return this gun AKA "POS". I was told it HAD to go overnight shipper (Non-USPS) because "this is the BATF regulation." Unfortunately that is a flat out lie.

I called the BATF just now, spoke with an agent, and the law stands as it did when I held my FFL back in the 90's. The agent informed me that the BATF only requires that you ship using a private shipper, (meaning not the USPS), and that there are NO OTHER REQUIREMENTS.

So, it comes down to the fact that the shippers (UPS FedEx) have instituted a policy of their own, to line their pockets with MORE CASH, and is using a fabricated BATF rule to cover for it. Legally a pistol could be shipped Fed Ex or UPS ground back to the factory, and NO FEDERAL LAW would be violated. This carrier policy is BS, and a simple way to make life difficult for gun owners, like us, and fill their deep pockets at the same time with cash.

When I talked to Kahr not too long ago, about providing me with a return label, they just stated their warranty policy and blew me off. That's OK because I have purchased my very last Kahr, and plan to inform other gun owners of Kahr's intolerable customer service.

Sparx
    i HAD TO SHIP MY FAMOUS PMJ9 back to kahr a few months agon for a ramp job. I sent it UPS and addressed it K. A. I. and when asked what it was I told them a broken high speed hole punch. Cost me $12.50. No next day sh!t or anything but got there in 3 days. Kahr shipped it back to me prepaid. SEND IT UPS and put it in a big box and if u tell them it is a gun, they will demand overnite shippng at $50 plus, that is their policy and they are ripping us off. so just tell them it is a broken hold punch. they wont even knwo by that address of K. A. I either. Senbt alot of Highg speed hole unches in my day and never an issue... Or ask ur trusty ffl dealer if he will send it back for you. He can mail regular mail...
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    i HAD TO SHIP MY FAMOUS PMJ9 back to kahr a few months agon for a ramp job. I sent it UPS and addressed it K. A. I. and when asked what it was I told them a broken high speed hole punch. Cost me $12.50. No next day sh!t or anything but got there in 3 days. Kahr shipped it back to me prepaid. SEND IT UPS and put it in a big box and if u tell them it is a gun, they will demand overnite shippng at $50 plus, that is their policy and they are ripping us off. so just tell them it is a broken hold punch. they wont even knwo by that address of K. A. I either. Senbt alot of Highg speed hole unches in my day and never an issue...
    I am with you on this one. Anyone who ships frequently has noticed in the last year how much shipping has gone up across the board. Funny that oil and gasoline are way down in price.
    Sparx

Call again and see if another rep will send you a prepaid mailing label. I had to send a brand new T9 back, they ended up replacing the frame due to a misaligned slide stop hole. They sent me a link for a pre-paid label that I printed from Fedex's website. They should do this for you as well. If not, send me a private message and I will share a direct email address with you in hopes of some resolution.
    “More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way.” - Glen Cook
    "Every person is the center of their own universe" - My dad
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage