Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paddle Holster

Default Paddle Holster

I am interested in and have been looking for a good kydex paddle holster for my Kahr's. Desantis has a fantastic new holster design, the C.H.A.M.P., but they don't currently have it available for Kahr pistols. I am also a lefty, so finding one in a store to look at and get a good idea of can be very difficult. Any other good suggestions?

Some 1911 holsters work quite well. Being lefty most stores don't stock holsters for us.

The first belt holster that I bought was a Uncle Mikes Kydex, sight unseen. Has worked quite well for a good number of years! There are a lot of other companies that make/will make lefty holsters for Kahr pistols.

Kahr has some good holsters (lefty) on their website. Good holsters cost $$$$. Good luck.
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Not sure about paddle holsters. If hybrid holster is a possibility,Alien gear makes sizes for almost any pistol. A minimal Versa Carry might be another idea. A number of holster makers have left handed models using a single clip. Ramora makes clipless holsters for almost any size pistol. They would be quicker to put on and just as convenient as a paddle holster.

Blade Tech or Comp-Tac
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Default Paddle holster

I agree with Pointblank. I don't have a Bladetech holster, but do have three Comp-Tac paddle holsters. I order direct from the company and be sure to tell them the holster is for CCW. They will adjust the holster to fit close to the body.

-- Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    Blade Tech or Comp-Tac
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Found what may be an older model Comptac holster, single piece kydex paddle holster that holds both my P9 and my CM9 (which is obviously shorter) very comfortably. This will be a great option for traveling on the road, wearing while hunting, or concealed carry during cooler months. Picked it up on Ebay for $20. I love a good deal.

Another vote for Comptac. I also have three of them. My go-to paddle holster for sure.

One paddle holster I will advise everyone to avoid is Mernickle's. They mainly cater to cowboy action shooting, but they do have some concealed carry holsters. A few years ago I became interested in their paddle holster. In summary, worst $100+ I ever wasted. The K9 simply was not secure and the design of the holster was so poor that it would often become unseated during the day. It's in a box somewhere in the closet. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and dealing with the company was very frustrating. So bad that I just gave up and consigned myself to a lesson leaned.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

I use a DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB & a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for my K9. The cozy partner also fits my CW40 & CM9 whereas the Speed scabbard only fits the K9, like a glove...

I'm a lefty and I have 3 different holsters for my CM9. I have a Alien gear hybrid that's awesome. Then I have a remora which I love, the no clip and no slip design is awesome. And a leather owb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm pretty well set on the Comptacs now. I just got one in the mail today for my Springfield XD Mod 2 in .40, and in clothing made for cooler weather it conceals nicely at about 8 pm. Not the cheapest holsters, but the quality is fantastic!