Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Has anybod ever had to put down a pet?

DanTana, of the four dogs I mentioned, three were Dobermans.

Fact that I come unglued at the thought or prospect of putting down a faithful companion animal/furry kid family member is about the only thing keeping me from believing I may be a bit/somewhat sociopathic. Putting down human scum has never triggered the least bit of remorse.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Fact that I come unglued at the thought or prospect of putting down a faithful companion animal/furry kid family member is about the only thing keeping me from believing I may be a bit/somewhat sociopathic. Putting down human scum has never triggered the least bit of remorse.
    Your not alone............................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Glad you're not sociopathic... now if you can ever get over that megamammaphobia thing you'll be alright!!
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

If I can find a way, now that I am a city dweller, I will do it myself. I can't take another trip to the vet, a place the dog does not want to be, and watch the poor thing struggle against the effects of the anesthesia before going to sleep. It is a quiet walk for me and my buddy with no stress. No regrets on my part.
    "Typing the word "grandparents," I mistyped and the autocorrect changed it to CandyLand. Not entirely inaccurate." - Our daughter.

A Kahr, a Glock, a Ruger, two Brownings, two Remingtons, and a Crossman.

Quote Originally Posted by GROTMAN View Post
    Glad you're not sociopathic... now if you can ever get over that megamammaphobia thing you'll be alright!!
    Hah....I haven't been alright since 1968. Figger I ain't never gonna be again at this point. My favorite....waitress with big boobs comes follow up to the table. "You guys okay". Look her hard right in the eye..."I haven't been okay since 1968." Rapid retreat. Places we usually go have long learned not to ask that question. I do tip well, tho.
    NRA Benefactor

Funny it was about 69 when most folks say I jumped the tracks.

I still consider myself completely normble in most respects.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Don't think I could do it...on May 1, 2015 Tira, our English Springer Spaniel, went to heaven in the vet's office. She had liver cancer and most likely tumors in her head (she wasn't acting herself). Wonderful little girl and a great friend who just loved us for being good to her. We treated her like family, better actually, and believe dogs are truly angels sent to teach humans how to behave properly. She went peacefully with us holding her tightly and crying like babies...still tear up a little today as I miss her.

Tough to see an animal go...the only thing tougher would be to not be with them when they went to heaven, regardless of the location they pass (e.g. home or vet office).