Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9MM ammo brand questions

Default 9MM ammo brand questions

Have any of you guys used S&B, PPU, or Armscor 9MM ammo? These are available for a little less cost and I was looking for your experiences. I have no interest in Wolf or Tulammo, tried a box of Tulammo a few months ago and it was garbage, through 1/2 the box away.

I do reload, but have no interest in loading 9MM not worth my time vs. the minuscule savings.

I have used PPU .45 acp and found it to be weak.

Sparx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post

...I have used PPU .45 acp and found it to be weak.

Sparx
    No issues with either S&B or PPU. I've never tried Armscor. PPU was recommended to me for shooting .40 because it's reputed to be a soft(?) load. It cycled just fine in my K40...seemed to be a little dirty...but I never could tell if it was indeed "soft". Perceived recoil was fine. No more or no less. S&B seems pretty accurate out of my MK9 as I recall. More-so than other major brands = Federal, Blazer... not sure why.

I think all 3 brands you mention are fine for range work. Most recommend the hottest loads you can find for break-in.

JM2cents. Hope that helps.
    ​O|||||||O

I love S&B. I've found it to be good stuff and buy all I can when I find it cheap.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks guys.

I ordered some S&B and 2 boxes of Armscor to try that one out.

I have a CM9, that has about 750 rounds through it of various brands, gun has been flawless. I am very happy with the CM9, have to switch over to it for carry after a box more of defensive is thru it.
    Sparx

I've shot a couple boxes of the US made Armscor with no issues. No experience with their foreign-made ammo.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

One I forgot to ask about is: GECO ammo.
    sparx

My go to is Speer Lawman TMJ.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by OvalNut View Post
    My go to is Speer Lawman TMJ.

Tim
    Mine also as it's close/closer to my carry ammunition, but S&B is good, lower cost range stuff.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
    One I forgot to ask about is: GECO ammo.
    sparx
    I ordered a few boxes of Geco .45 a couple months back and like it a lot. Got it at a really good price. I've also shot a lot of PPU in different calibers and haven't had any problems with it either.

I did have a few problems with Fiocchi 115 gr.........................I think it was because they are a tad longer than the other ammo I use. No issues with PPU, Blazer, Federal.............................