Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9MM ammo brand questions

I use PPU from CTD, Tula steel cased and the newer brass tub stuff and Federal aluminum from Wally World. Have never had an issue. I broke my Taurus in on 300 rounds of the Tula brass at one time without issue.

Cheers!

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from shooting the first 164 rounds through my new CW9. These were 115g brass reloads in cases from all sorts of manufacturers. This pistol fired the ammo, no problem, not a hickup. Before shooting, I did some of the prep suggested on this forum: cleaned it thoroughly, lightly polished the feed ramp and lubricated the sliding surfaces with Molybdenum diSulfide. Can place 7 round 4" groups at 15 yards, with an occasional stray (probably my fault.)

The smooth trigger pull is awesome, but I need to get used to it's length.

Thank you all for your reviews and expertise about these Kahr pistols. You're the reason I decided on the CW9 over a Glock or S&W.
    Last edited by DavidWJ; 08-31-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typo

I do like Magtech ammo, very clean and guns run great on it.

Haven't seen Aguila mentioned anybody have experience with it?

Only bad experience I've had with any ammo was Perfecta 9mm.
    BOB

Aguila makes good ammo but I haven't shot that much of it. Back in 2009/2010 when I was waiting on my P380 with Night Sights... and .380 was just about impossible to find, on a trip to southern Illannoy, I stopped at the the Outdoor Armory up in Tennessee and there was a small trailer with a cardboard sign on it... .380 Ammo For Sale! I bought the 200 rounds that I needed to break in my pistol... when it arrived about 6 months later(after 11 months from ordering). It was Aguila... had never heard of them, but checked out online. Four boxes with tax got me less than $2 back out of my $100 bill.

I still have close to 2K rounds of S&B 92-gr FMJ... bought a bunch online for about $11.99 a box shipped to the door.

I just shot some PPU 9mm FMJ in our G43 Friday and it worked fine... I bought a case of it for my wife, hoping it would be lower recoil as I remember the .40 being... shot some of that, too, in my new P40 DLC. In 9mm the PPU had a brighter flash and just a little smoke... fine.

I'm so glad that I got the G43 instead of the G42 for Wifey. It's big enough for both of us... about the size of my P9 or P40.

Wynn

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

^^Thanks Wyn^^
    Had a case delivered yesterday & for the price I'm sure it'll be fine for plinking.
    BOB

I've shot some SB without issues.
    Generally run WWB or Speer Lawman mostly.

Ran 500 rounds of 9mm MEN 124 NATO (along with 500 Winchester 124 NATO) through my SP5K breaking it in.
    Seemed to be good stuff -
    http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplu...-germany-men9b
    1000 rounds @ $219

Quote Originally Posted by Sparx View Post

I do reload, but have no interest in loading 9MM not worth my time vs. the minuscule savings.

I have used PPU .45 acp and found it to be weak.

Sparx
    The main reason I reload is to be able to select the components and performance that I want, especially to be able to use powder that is clean and less variable over temperature. For handguns this is a major consideration, for rifles the bullet is the most important.