Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: latest purchase

my "first" was a '36 Ford, flathead eight. My Dad bought it for $150 and actually drove it home successfully for me to rebuild when I was barely 14 years old. We put it on blocks in the back yard and I derusted and painted everything in the under carriage, found replacement brakes and shocks for it, rebuilt or repaired both running boards and fenders, rebuilt the wood floorboard panels, bought new tires. Never found a replacement gas tank (Dad drove it home using a one gallon Prestone Antifreeze can under the hood for a gas supply), and I never got to drive it. We sold it to a guy for $400 that was into real restoration and I used my part of the proceeds to buy a 2 door '57 Chevy for my first car. Actually, that '57 Chevy is the only "car" I have ever considered my personal vehicle. I drive pick ups

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Always loved the 57 Chevy's, probably my all time favorite. We moved from Bowling Green Missouri to Seattle in a 57 Chevy 4 door with a U haul trailer in tow. I spent most of the trip riding on the back window shelf thingy.

Probably to get away from my two little sisters. Parents had that car until they bought a new 68 chev station wagon. Kept the 57. Now that I ponder it some, I don't recall whatever happened to it. It was gone before I was old enough to drive it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I really loved my '57 and only had it a bit over a year. An old lady from out of town ran a yield sign and T-boned me .... totaled my beloved '57. Had I been wearing a seat belt at the time, I would have probably suffered some severe injuries myself. Some of my lower back issues may be attributable to that crash.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Ours got stuffed twice. Got rebuilt both times. One a lady stopped for ducks on the freeway suddenly and mom rearended her hard, she ended up squishing me up against the passenger door but not hurt.
    Other time sitting at a stop sign on a steep uphill slope and a drunk ran off the road and plowed the front end from above. I was in the back seat on that one, dad and a friend sitting up front. Nobody hurt for real.

They had stopped at a grocery store on the way to pick me up and had a box of eggs on top. When we got hit the eggs fell out and the friend sat on them, he felt around and thought he was bleeding out. Kind of funny after a little time.

I was at accordian practice, (if yall tell anybody I'll kill ya) the accordian ended up in my lap, hurt some but nothing really hurt.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ah speaking of 57 Chevy's....saw a few cool ones at races this weekend! Went to Cordova Ill.,IHRA Nitro Nationals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

^^^ is that a blower or a periscope?
    ​O|||||||O

"Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!