CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Metal Magazine Followers For 9mm Kahrs!!

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I wouldn't change without extensive testing.

In other words, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
    That's what is great about America. I am certainly not pressuring you to. Thanks for having the interest to at least read about it! And, if and when yours does break, here is an alternative for you.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by CPTKILLER View Post
    I wouldn't change without extensive testing.

In other words, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
    OK, I bought 2 of the metal followers, 1 for my CM9 and 1 for my MK9. Both of these magazines are interchangeable with both guns so in effect, I have 2 magazines that can be used in either gun, or 1 magazine in each gun. Note: None of my followers have ever broken, as CPTKILLER says, if it ain't broken don't fix it. But this is my theory, why wait for the follower to break if it can be "avoided" in my carry gun? So anyway I installed them last night and went to the range today to test them. Here is what I found, the quality of the magazines is outstanding, they were easy to load and after the last round the slide lock was very positive and tight. There were no failure to feeds or jambs of any kind. Hand racking of the slide was very smooth. (I have been able to hand rack my gun before the follower change but it did feel a little smoother). I think the metal follower is well worth the price. Now I don't have to worry about broken followers and that eases my mind about the reliability of my guns. Al is super easy to work with and he made sure my order arrived safely and on time.

Thanks Ikeo74, for your order and for sharing what you found. If you do have any problems with any of our products, I would sure appreciate the opportunity to make it right. Thanks again.

I have never experienced a broken follower either and I have quite a few Kahrs now. I am trying to get some high-quality accessories and options out there for Kahr owners.

Get Well Muggsy.

I am fascinated how little I've heard back from folks who have bought followers. I have sold quite a few and had no complaints. Ikeo74 said wonderful things and I have some great Ebay feedback. But, it has been pretty silent otherwise.

I have seen one trend that is promising, I have had quite a few customers order one follower and in a week or so order 2 or 3 more. I take that as a positive. I would love to hear some experiences from the range if anybody wants to share. Thanks!

Mine came Monday. Really quick service...THANK YOU! I'm stuck out of town and returning tonight. I can't wait to try them out.

Get well muggsy!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    Mine came Monday. Really quick service...THANK YOU! I'm stuck out of town and returning tonight. I can't wait to try them out.

Get well muggsy!
    Super, I am looking forward to hearing what you think. Thanks!

Ok, I will put my 2 cents in. I have owned many Kahr 9mm and have had 2 broken followers. When I found LakeLine I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the 19.95 for a follower that Kahr will sent out for free, but if a follower breaks in my carry gun I am screwed. I consider this cheap insurance and ordered 3. As soon as they arrive I will install them, I don't need or want down time with my CM9 as it is my go to gun every day.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I'd love to try one out. When are you going to make one for the P380?
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    I'd love to try one out. When are you going to make one for the P380?
    The .40 is next. I have never heard of a broken follower in a 380 Kahr. Has anybody had one?

I emailed Kahr about 2 months ago regarding a broken follower, they replied the next day stating that they will send out a replacment to me, however to date I still havent recieved it... I guess I'll send them a reminder email...