Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
I don't know of any issues with the plastic K9 base plate. For primarily cosmetic reasons, I have been playing around with a design for one. I thought I would price it in both aluminum and stainless to match the pistol. It might be kind of nice to have one that matches a bit better.
Good to know. The K9 is the first steel pistol I have purchased that did not even need a little gunsmithing. Even though it's not Elite, they seem to have polished the ramp and chamber anyway. When chambering a round, ejecting, and inspecting it, I can only see a single short very shallow scratch. That is the best I have seen out of the box. It's still hard to resist tinkering with it a little, though, and replacing some of the plastic parts with metal. It would also help with the slightly weird feeling I have about buying a NIB steel pistol that needs absolutely nothing done to it. Kind of funny, but I'm just not used to that. I would be interested in stainless mag base plates just for the improved cosmetics and pride of ownership.

Ferro Veritas, In Steel There Is Truth