Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do when you can't get to the range?

Default What to do when you can't get to the range?

Ten days ago I had revision surgery (new socket liner) of a hip I had replaced 18 years ago. Recovery is going fine, but the Dragon Lady won't let me get out of the house until I have had my post-op staples (all 60 of them) removed.

Boredom to say the least.

E-gads, I have even been caught glancing at the Ellen show in the afternoon.

Really missing my RSO/instructor work.

Ideas needed.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Laserlyte trainer!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

"...E-gads, I have even been caught glancing at the Ellen show in the afternoon.."

Chunk the tv man!!!!!

Then get you a tin can and a bb gun. Sit out on the porch and make that can talk.

What else??????? Check all of your firearms, and make sure they're all spiffy, oiled and ready to go. If your like me, they already are, but check em again

In addition to all of the advice above, go on line to see whats new: accessories,firearms,customize what you already have,polish any metal part that may or may not need it, see if you can find .22 LR for less than $30/brick. Just like women and their shoes,you can not have too many holsters, a lot of custom makers with no cost to look on line. Start reloading. Count all of Jocko's sheep. Keep busy. You don't want to go through post-op depression. Post any good deals. Post if Ellen has any good guests we need to know about. Post jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    "...E-gads, I have even been caught glancing at the Ellen show in the afternoon.."

Chunk the tv man!!!!!

Then get you a tin can and a bb gun. Sit out on the porch and make that can talk.
    I will admit, after one segment of the "ellen show" I considered a ballpeen hammer to the groin just to make me feel better.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'm not recommending this particular pastime, but:

A couple years prior to the turn of the last century in rural northwest Missouri, my Grandpa was bedridden for about a year with Rheumatic Fever. So for entertainment, my Great Grandpa bought him a new Winchester Model 1890 .22 pump to shoot out his bedroom window at a target range he set up on a fence. After a few months, Grandpa got pretty good with that little rifle.

However, his shooting was derailed for a while when Great Grandpa & Great Grandma returned home in the buckboard one afternoon after going into town for supplies, and caught little Gramps shooting a tin can off his sister's (Aunt Dessie) head out in the yard. Wish we still had that Winchester.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

You cannot over clean your firearms....

In fact, I suggest some nice Hoppe's #9 BENCHREST which is the extra potent (smelling) version. You might want to employ some PB Blaster to let the parts soak in a bit. And you'll certainly want to degrease before assembly with Gunk Engine Brite. Naturally, you'll need to spread some newspaper out on the kitchen table for all this to be done properly. Let 'em soak a good long while in each solution too.

If that don't cure Dragon Lady of her ways...... I pity you!

On a more happy note - I'm of firm belief that God created only two things that smell better than those three products mentioned above. Those being a freshly washed adult (human) female crotch, and fresh cut black walnut. The walnut wins out over the crotch btw.

You can always dry fire practice! NO AMMO, of course!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd;344122...Boredom to say the least....[SIZE=4
    Ideas needed[/SIZE]....
    You have internet?......go to Walmart and get you a Roku or Chromecast .....subscribe to Netflix and watch old tv shows without commercials or BS. I have watched every Star Trek, Magnum PI, Cheers, Frasier, and a few others. I am currently half way through Mash. I was working shifts back when it first ran. Many of these shows are fun to watch....especially at your own leisure and time.