Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got wood, now I can get ahold of it....

Default Got wood, now I can get ahold of it....

Installed some new factory boot grips on my Mini .22 Magnum - now it is a lot easier to handle than with the original birdshead ones:

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Default 11.1 oz 38 +P

I've spent a boatload of money on expensive wood grips for my revolvers.
    They look sweet for pictures.
    But with live fire?
    I always return to rubber, oh well...

ArmyBrat, where did you get those grips? I've got a little Freedom Arms .22lr that could use a set!

Quote Originally Posted by AJBert View Post
    ArmyBrat, where did you get those grips? I've got a little Freedom Arms .22lr that could use a set!
    Got my .22 magnum grip panels directly from North American - regular price was $35, now on sale for $28. By "coincidence" the 1st class USPS shipping came to $7, so it came to $35 anyway. lol

Here's the link to the .22lr grips - same price:

http://northamericanarms.com/accesso...boot-grip.html

Had to do a little hand filing with one of those lady's fingernail files to get the left panel to fit in the grip frame on mine. I guess it'll fit your Freedom Mini, or come close. Wasn't Freedom Arms bought out by North American many years ago?
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Installed some new factory boot grips on my Mini .22 Magnum - now it is a lot easier to handle than with the original birdshead ones:

those look good, and no doubt help the one finger grip issue. I've never owned the NAA mini, but have wanted it (or it's predecessor) for about 50 years. I shoulda bought one 15 years ago when they were in the $100-125 range. Now, around here, the basic 22lr model is over $250 when you can find them.

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

IIRC - paid $89 for mine about 30 years ago. It came with a little leather IWB holster with a steel clip and a little bitty gun rug.

Used to pocket carry it with four loaded chambers & one empty. Didn't trust the "safety notch" between the chambers.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Bought a set of those grips for my carry NAA mag mini a good number of years back. Nice, well done grips but don't/didn't work for me. If any of the regulars here want them, pm me.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Bought a set of those grips for my carry NAA mag mini a good number of years back. Nice, well done grips but don't/didn't work for me. If any of the regulars here want them, pm me.

would you throw in the gun for an extra fifty bucks?

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Whut, free grips ain't a good enough deal?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Oh, I'm not going to carry my Mini - just thought they'd look nice on it and make it easier to shoot (not that I've done that for maybe 20 years). lol
    -Rudyard Kipling