Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America is back!

Quote Originally Posted by marcinstl View Post
    what, GDP up 2% for the second quarter, no applause for american business? you guys wouldn't be happy if jaysus came back and had blond hair and double D's.
    Correct, if he looked like Caitlyn.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I don't think America is ever coming back. Too much industry has left for foreign shores, with less taxes and no EPA or OSHA and other Govt bureaucracies to drive the cost of doing business up. Not that I want to pollute the earth or have unsafe working conditions, but these agencies go overboard with their rules and regulations. Granted that most jobs are in small businesses, but it would be nice to see some of the factories and auto plants and steel mills and things come back to life. And starting even a small business is a nightmare anymore. I tried to run a small custom computer business for awhile, doing custom installations for small businesses, but the big boys were too much competition, even when I could provide a better customized product for half the price. Plus the paperwork was a nightmare, then my parts wholesaler shut down, and so I did too. I still build custom computers once in awhile, but not many people really need one, unless they are doing audio or video mastering, or something along those lines that an off the shelf computer doesn't quite work out. Most professionals like to go with Apple products anyway, which you can't customize very much, maybe add a hard drive or something. You can order what you need straight from them. I'm a PC person, but I admit Apple handles "artistic" type stuff better than the PC platform does. Although PC is getting better.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

We've been further down than this before. Never underestimate the power of American entrepreneurship. We did it before and we can do it again. (Say that might make a catchy little tune.)
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

http://www.businessinsider.com/map-r...eal-gdp-2015-6
    here's a map of states resized to their GDP. is your sate a producer or consumer? some states like NM or MT look like they just take up space. look at the difference in MO and IL. (almost none of that GDP comes from "down state", it's all large metro areas). go Chicago. if it weren't for STL and KC, MO would be a blank spot on the map.
    here's a question-- why do people in non-producing states, areas get to vote? why do the "down staters" even get a voice. buck up or shut up.

I don't think MT or NM would be consumers really. Lots of wide open spaces, tons of common sense and folks just getting along.

You could break that down within state too. In my state of Washington most of the production is west the mountains. Busy roads, congestion, liberals and democrats behind every bush. The east side is like MT, more open spaces, kinder folks, little more laid back life style. I'll take the east side everytime myself.
    Sadly I'm still on the west side with all the morons.

The east side votes usually don't count, just not enough folks. Heck King County pretty much decides what's what for the whole state. People living on top of each other.

Like to move to Wyoming myself, maybe Montana, Colorado.

Everybody pushing for 15 dollar minimum wage, who wants to start a business with that?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna, Just got back from your state last week. Went to Spokane and saw a botanical park and Yakima and saw cherries processed accompanied by my cousins. Had no trouble on United with my PM45 in the baggage. Went to Port Gamble and Paulsbo. Saw Mt. Baker and Mt Rainier, which I hadn't in 1984, 2004 or 2005. Couldn't believe how bad the traffic was in Seattle. My cousin in Marysville says they have a good range there but had no time. My brother drove up from Fresno so we saw him in Edmonds and went to my cousin's house in Renton. If I moved back I'd definitely live in the Preston or Duvall or maybe Puyallup areas and stay away from Seattle as often as I could. Did I mention Couldn't believe how bad the traffic was in Seattle?

Yes, I don't miss the traffic from the Seattle area. I only deal with it about 10 or 12 times a year now.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Dude you were all around me. Duvall is 10 minutes away, I grew up in the Lynnwood / Edmonds area.
    Hung out for years in the Marysville area too.
    Did you know the traffic in Seattle really sucks! I never go there cept maybe to the airport to pickup or drop off now and then and that ain't often.

You should of looked me up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

And what % of GDP is government related?

I do not mean to thread hijack, but please allow me to speak a second about unemployment, and the social decay we have experienced for the last 50 to 60 years, stemming from the union run schools and given the free ride by Uncle Sam.

The Unemployable Negroe, and those like him.

Well, I gotta tell ya folks, unemployment in the "black community" (and I hate that phrase) is not a racial issue, its a cultural issue.

A series of anectodal illustrations.

My good friend I.H. from Switzerland. Young lady, 20 years young. Speaks perfect English, with a hint of British accent, and of course, her native German providing its own lilt. She sounds better than any English speaking German from Hogans heros. Sgt. Schutz she is not. So, after a bit of cultural exchange, I asked her "How is it you speak perfect English?". Answer.... its required at all ages and levels of schools. Why is that I ask? Answer... because its the language of business. Ahhh. CJB's eyes were opened a bit. BTW, she's working in training now, trying to get her cuteness into some Olympic competition. I hope she makes it!

Illustration number two. Some folks here know I like to collect, modify, diddle with and otherwise molest Seiko watches. I have made contacts in Japan for parts and whole watches. My contacts speak, read, write... perfect English. I asked.... same answer - required study in school, its the language of business.

Illustration number three. We have at present, five black employees. Two can speak English. They have higher paying positions, one a managerial assistant, the other is a high level mechanic who must deal with multiple instances of communicating with manufacturers and customers trying to get engines repaired. The rest cannot speak English. They speak some sort of urban slurry. One of them is a shipping clerk, no outside interaction with the customers. One is a driver. One is a warehouse man. Low level positions. I'll add, that the driver and warehouse man are great guys. I don't know the shipping clerk all that well, so can't comment. The other two... we're good buds at work, always have something nice to say to each other. They just can't speak the language to a degree that is required to work with our customers.... so they have jobs that use the skills they have, and sadly, those are low paying jobs.

So somebody please tell me, how the Asians and Europeans have it figured out, and teach their kids English, while here in the USA we have kids going through school speaking (supposedly) only English and they can't speak it, or read or write... when they get out. And, those same folks, who cannot speak the native language of the country, have the unmitigated gall to say that they're being racially held back? I don't get it. What I do get, is a clear picture of any person with good communication skills, and even half a brain, getting a job, and those masses, that the education system gave a free ride to, who cannot speak, read, or write effectively... being on the public dole.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I yield the floor back to the thread in progress. Thank you.