CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: About American Zoot Shooters Association, LLC

Default About American Zoot Shooters Association, LLC

American Zoot Shooters Association is bringing back the Roaring Twenties! AZSA is a multi-gun sport in which participants dress in 1920s-1930s costumes and compete against the clock engaging targets for the best possible score. Zoot Shooters must use firearms that are correct for the time surrounding Prohibition. Costumes may be of any character type reflecting the era (i.e. gangster, law enforcement, flapper, bootlegger, politician, etc.).

The predominant AZSA guns are Thompsons and 1911 pistols but other firearms may be considered. Though many shooters may already own a 1911 type pistol, most probably do not own a Thompson sub-machine gun. Fortunately, Kahr/Auto-Ordnance is reproducing high quality semi-automatic Tommy Guns that do not require special permits. If you are lucky (or wealthy) enough to own a legally registered, full-auto Tommy by all means use it providing the host range will allow it!

The competitions have multiple stages referred to as Capers. Each Caper has a specific course of direction in which the shooter must safely engage targets in the quickest amount of time. Capers may reflect a moment in history, a scene from a movie or part of a story that gives a feeling of going back to a time when gangsters made Tommy Guns roar! Most importantly participants must be safe, maintain good sportsmanship and have fun.

American Zoot Shooters Association invites anyone from all walks of life to come out and enjoy our sport. Many fascinating aspects of American history took place during the 1920s-1930s. If you like guns, gangster movies, Jazz music, antique cars, swing dancing, murder mystery parties or having fun, then AZSA is for you! Everyone is encouraged to use their imagination and get involved. Please check this website often because there may be Capers coming to your town soon.

American Zoot Shooters Association’s founders are not historians; please excuse any historical inaccuracies. Furthermore, AZSA does not condone criminals and gangsters or their activities. Shooting is a potentially dangerous sport and must be treated as such. All shooters must be instructed in safe gun handling before they are permitted to participate in an AZSA competition.

Good move - I'll update the thread over on the Fedora Lounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Good move - I'll update the thread over on the Fedora Lounge.
    Thanks for getting the word out!

junglewalk Guest

Default By the backwoods, behind the still!

Hey Hustler; Ever since I found your Zootsuitshooters site url on machinegunboards.com site, I have been asking around our range, and describing to fellow members what 'yous guys' have created, I have gotten very favorable and enthusiastic responses, for us to have a 'Zoot suit shoot' here at Knob creek rg in Kentucky..... There seems to be a bit of gangster DNA floating around dah Indiana/Kentucky area, which i think comes to the surface when these jokers see your videos.(I already found a violin 1930s case for the 28a1)
    We would prbably have it in spring or fall, and off season from the regularly scheduled MG shoots here.
    Please keep the videos coming;..> The latest by Outdoor channel, w/Mike Banes is great!....>>. (he knows us mugs well)

Default Knob Creek

junglewalk,

Keep the interest growing. It would be great if you started a Zoot Shooters club. I know you Knob Creek fellas have plenty machine guns. I'm sure you could round up a few period correct ones and put on some great capers!