Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lookin for property

Default Lookin for property

Mrs. Bone and I went north this last weekend, looking for property/homes for sale. We are looking in a particular area where covenants are few, taxes are cheaper, and we can exercise just a bit more of our freedoms. Looked at a nice property, and are going up again this weekend to get a better look with the realtor. We both feel the need to get away from the hustle and bustle,............badly. Not a lot of land, about 3 acres, but it's enough, because there is nothing behind the property but trees for miles. I'm trying not to get my hopes up..................we've been looking off and on for the perfect place for about 3 years now. We want to get set up, so when she finally stops working, we get out of dodge, have a home waiting for permanent residence, and we put our current home on the market. Up here, the farther north you go, the cheaper the property taxes. The taxes for this place would be about $600 cheaper than where we are, if we were willing to go up farther, we could probably get taxes for about $800 a year. We'll see how it goes..............about 3 hrs. north.

Very nice! I am also looking for a chunk of land to call my own... I just have to convince my wife that we don't need to be 1/2 mile from the high school anymore now that our daughter is getting ready to graduate. I found an 80 acre plot for $560,000 with a nice double-wide + 1,200 sq ft shop out in the boonies... and I want it bad! The property taxes of my current house is just shy of $6,000 and the other place is around $800. I am really trying to get a big enough plot so that I can start planting some crops as well as harvest some timber and have enough room to ride the quads and whatnot... along with a several hundred yard shooting range of course. Here's to dreaming big and forcing those dreams into reality!
    “More evil gets done in the name of righteousness than any other way.” - Glen Cook
    "Every person is the center of their own universe" - My dad
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

There's something to be said for having a getaway/hideaway. Best of luck to you. I got a small place on the side of a mountain in western PA. Our little slice of heaven. Not much to look at now but it won't take much work to make it nice. My dad gave it to my sisters and I years ago but they didn't want anything to do with it. Taxes are less than $500/yr but I don't mind.
    ​O|||||||O

I wish all of you yhe best with that. Thats my same goal in a couple of years.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I wish you luck! We did exactly what you are wanting to last year. Nothing fancy but far enough away from everything to not be bothered with the hustle and bustle yet close enough to "needs". 8 and a half acres, small 3 bed/2 bath home with a 1200 sq ft garage/shop. Deer/squirrels/rabbits/birds and the occasional elk on the land. My wife will be hunting deer off the back deck come fall. For some reason she thinks I'll be gutting and skinning it for her?!?

Yes, I know I will. Even though I tell her I won't she knows I will.

Life is good in the mountains.

You wanna be my neighbor or what?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Move to central Ky You can get that 80 acers for a lot less . Low taxes Great gun laws and mild winter weather most years . Our worst winter be normal for you.
    I am a hour from Lexington or Louisville

Washington county . Deer, Turkey. fishing,

Quote Originally Posted by michael t View Post
    Move to central Ky You can get that 80 acers for a lot less . Low taxes Great gun laws and mild winter weather most years . Our worst winter be normal for you.
    I am a hour from Lexington or Louisville

Washington county . Deer, Turkey. fishing,
    Thats where my wife says we should consider moving to.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Tennessee is also very pretty country, right next door to Kentucky.

as far south as I'll go is Festus, Mo. , not much after that. as far east as I'll go is the Mississippi River. Sault Ste. Marie, Mi. is my northern boundary, Canada has nothing for me. so, I guess it's time to explore the north west. years ago I drove out to Washington, lots of nice country between here and there.