Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happened to Patriotism?

Couldn't agree more. The youth (under 30) of today don't appreciate the sacrifices of those who protected and still protect their country. They are taught how to feel but not how to think in schools, they are addicted to their devices and instant gratification, they are complainers and whiners with no solutions other than to take someone else's stuff and hand it out, they can't speak a complete sentence without including the word "like" or "totally" or some other hyperbolic phrase. In short, we'd be doomed as a country of not for the other group of folks who have and currently serve their country in some form (e.g. military, hospital, church, scouts, police, etc.). As someone who is retiring from the Air Force the end of June 2015 after 26 years I can tell you those I've served with bleed red white and blue and absolutely love this country, we and others like us, need to do out damndest to inspire those who are wandering through life and give them direction, give them a country we can all be proud of...right or wrong, America is still the best place to live in this world and it's up to all of us to keep it that way.

I got all choked up when the Base Honor Guard folded my US Flag and presented it to me at my retirement ceremony...what a sight it is to be with people like that.

Sorry for the rant...I could go on and on but I won't...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHairyGobbler View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The youth (under 30) of today don't appreciate the sacrifices of those who protected and still protect their country. They are taught how to feel but not how to think in schools, they are addicted to their devices and instant gratification, they are complainers and whiners with no solutions other than to take someone else's stuff and hand it out, they can't speak a complete sentence without including the word "like" or "totally" or some other hyperbolic phrase. In short, we'd be doomed as a country of not for the other group of folks who have and currently serve their country in some form (e.g. military, hospital, church, scouts, police, etc.). As someone who is retiring from the Air Force the end of June 2015 after 26 years I can tell you those I've served with bleed red white and blue and absolutely love this country, we and others like us, need to do out damndest to inspire those who are wandering through life and give them direction, give them a country we can all be proud of...right or wrong, America is still the best place to live in this world and it's up to all of us to keep it that way.

I got all choked up when the Base Honor Guard folded my US Flag and presented it to me at my retirement ceremony...what a sight it is to be with people like that.

Sorry for the rant...I could go on and on but I won't...thanks.
    My Grand Parents told me the Elvis would be the ruination of this country. I should have listened to them instead of him. Can you say curmudgeon?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thank you BigHairyGobbler for your service to our country sir and welcome to the forum, you will like it here.....Thank you O'Dell for the mention of NASCAR events where it's still ok to pray and thank God for the day and for being an American and where everyone removes their hats and either salutes the flag or has their hand over their hearts when the National Anthem is sung as any decent God fearing American should.......

We seem to have lost our way and stand for nothing (in general) which is why we needs things like Christianity, The Constitution, the Pledge of Allegiance (which cannot be spoken at military functions for some reason), or truly open discussions without fear of being labeled by left. We need to get back to our roots and not divided into groups based on race, gender, sexual preference, etc. And while I'm at it, stop calling yourself African American or Mexican American or Italian American or anything else...this is the
    Damn Melting Pot and WE'RE ALL AMERICANS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday my church did nothing but patriotic songs the first hour. We all sang along and remembered he way America should be. Churches are a key part of our heritage and the decline in patriotism can be linked in part to the decline in church attendance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely BHG! I posted this before but some may have missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/YjntXYDPw44
    ​O|||||||O

Great video. So how do we drag teens and young adults to church where they can't get instant gratification.

^^^ start with your own. I don't mean that against you BHG. But we must all be dedicated to raising our children in the Church. Even if you aren't religious, society needs it. We can all now see the consequences of our apathy.
    ​O|||||||O

Default What happened to Patriotism?

Quote Originally Posted by b4uqzme View Post
    ^^^ start with your own. I don't mean that against you BHG. But we must all be dedicated to raising our children in the Church. Even if you aren't religious, society needs it. We can all now see the consequences of our apathy.
    Right, but we all need to bring a few others with us.
    Last edited by BigHairyGobbler; 06-30-2015 at 08:55 AM.