Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Patriotism?

Default What happened to Patriotism?

Was flipping channels last night and just happened to see the Cavaliers/Wizards game about to start and there was a young girl about 11 or 12 years old named Marlana Vanhoose about to sing the National Anthem so I wanted to see how she did...Wow, she killed it and knocked it out of the park and the crowd loved it but the whole time she was singing the cameras were scanning both sidelines and not a SINGLE player or coach on either team had their hand over their heart and were standing there with their hands either behind their back or in the pockets of their warm up pants....

I was disgusted that a bunch of over paid millionaires had so little respect for our Country and they each had a look on their face like, hurry it up little girl and get this thing over with so we can shoot hoops....Thank God that over her shoulder you could see a Police Officer with his hand over his heart while she was singing and he gave her a well deserved hand of applause when she was finished....

Guess that kind of behaviour is what you would expect from the NBA....

Most of these folks never earned any of the freedom they are served daily.
    Those who have paid- even a little- treasure it.

Most of these Pro Athletes have been given the "star" treatment since High school and college, and think they are something special, and don't have to follow the "rules". They probably look at the singing of the National Anthem as a nuisance and a hold up to them getting the game going. Plus a percentage of them probably don't respect the country anyway.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Unfortunately i think for a lot of NBA players NBA stands for negative bad attitude.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I'm thinking' they'd all be in jail if it wasn't for B Ball...
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

When I went to elementary school, we started each day with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag hands over the heart. My understanding is that today, the Pledge has been dropped as has prayer because it offends some people who should really fall on their knees and gratefully kiss the ground of a country that allows them to come here. In the pursuit of being PC, the liberals have gutted the morale of a nation that once was the greatest in the history of mankind.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by marshal kane View Post
    When I went to elementary school, we started each day with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag hands over the heart. My understanding is that today, the Pledge has been dropped as has prayer because it offends some people who should really fall on their knees and gratefully kiss the ground of a country that allows them to come here. In the pursuit of being PC, the liberals have gutted the morale of a nation that once was the greatest in the history of mankind.
    Pretty much nailed it,
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

We are now 3 generations into a group of youngsters that have No Clue what it means to stand for something.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Longitude Zero View Post
    We are now 3 generations into a group of youngsters that have No Clue what it means to stand for something.
    They're gonna fix it. Let them all smoke dope for recreation, give them a smartphone so they dont learn to communicate face to face but only by texting, and next is virtual reality so they dont have to deal with REAL reality.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Far out man! Can i have a bite of your banana?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."