Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10mm anyone?

Default 10mm anyone?

I don't know why but I've been really interested in 10mm lately and looking into getting a 10mm pistol. I've been looking at the glock 29. Does anyone own or shoot any 10mm guns? The thing that puts me off is not the recoil but the freaking price for one box of ammo is around $35. That's insane! What's the cheapest price anyone has found for a box of 50 "Plinking" rounds? I'd love to start reloading one day but that won't be happening anytime soon.

$35!!....geeze, just a few months back....10mm was the only thing you could find on the shelf....lots and lots of it. I don't remember prices, but it didn't even sell during the ammo shortage.
    There is a reason? -I don't know what, but it is not a popular round at all.

Edit: Here you go....250 rounds for $100 - about $20 per box. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-5870

Don't know where you stay GA_Sheepdog-, but there is a good little ammo stop west of Atlanta in Villa Rica....Georgia Arms. They manufacture ammo and also reload- they have 10mm for $22.
    I have shot up a bunch of their 9mm, and thought it to be good stuff.

You may want to also visit - http://ammoseek.com/ ..........they list ammo sales from different distributors. Sometimes if you order 10 or more boxes- you get free shipping.
    I recently had premium 380 jhp delivered to my front door for about $19 per box, and premium jhp 9mm for $16. Both were less than half the shelf price locally at Academy and GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    Don't know where you stay GA_Sheepdog-, but there is a good little ammo stop west of Atlanta in Villa Rica....Georgia Arms. They manufacture ammo and also reload- they have 10mm for $22.
    I have shot up a bunch of their 9mm, and thought it to be good stuff.

You may want to also visit - http://ammoseek.com/ ..........they list ammo sales from different distributors. Sometimes if you order 10 or more boxes- you get free shipping.
    I recently had premium 380 jhp delivered to my front door for about $19 per box, and premium jhp 9mm for $16. Both were less than half the shelf price locally at Academy and GM.

Sweet thank you!!! I actually live in Newnan which is about 30 to 40 minutes from villa rica. Now I don't feel so hopeless about getting a 10mm pistol. Around $20 a box is close to .380 prices and that's very doable. From what I gather 10mm is not a very popular round but has a "Cult" following because of to its power and velocity. A lot of people don't like it due to the perception of having a lot of recoil. I've never shot one and it would probably be good for me to shoot one before I buy one first. People that own 10mm say the recoil is very managable and is close to 45.

Our honorable administrator John is/was a devout 10mm fan. Undoubtedly a wealth of information to be tapped into.

I think the deal with the 10mm not being more popular is the round was ahead of the platform curve. It's like a magnum and the guns chambered for it when new took a real beating.

The FBI and others thought it was just too hot so they detuned it and gave us the 40.

With todays better materials and better technology they seem to do fine and given the chance could take off in the popularity arena but sadly most gun calibers that don't take off from the get go seldom get a second chance.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    With todays better materials and better technology they seem to do fine and given the chance could take off in the popularity arena but sadly most gun calibers that don't take off from the get go seldom get a second chance.
    The 38 Super is a case in point. Overall it is IMHO a better self defense round than a 10mm for many reasons but it is also a nearly extinct caliber.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Excellent case in point.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Newnan Ga!.......been through there a few times years back. There was a BBQ joint there that had some pretty good pig.

But on Georgia Arms......those guys make some first class ammo. Their re-man stuff is good, I never had an issue with it. They used to make Gold Dots, now they call them Bonded Unicore.... that is premium SD stuff at reasonable prices.
    When you see $27 on a box of 9mm Bonded Unicore jhp...and think its high....remember its 50 rounds!....not 20 or 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Excellent case in point.
    Thanks. Great minds tend to think alike.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    Newnan Ga!.......been through there a few times years back. There was a BBQ joint there that had some pretty good pig.

But on Georgia Arms......those guys make some first class ammo. Their re-man stuff is good, I never had an issue with it. They used to make Gold Dots, now they call them Bonded Unicore.... that is premium SD stuff at reasonable prices.
    When you see $27 on a box of 9mm Bonded Unicore jhp...and think its high....remember its 50 rounds!....not 20 or 25.

I think your talking about Spraybarry's? Yeah it's pretty good stuff.

I was looking at 10mm SD ammo at Georgia arms. One of the types give it around 1375 Fps. That's pretty good and seems like a full powered load and not an underpowered 40 cal type that other companies make. I think Doubletap and buffalo bore make one of the best full powered rounds for 10mm.