Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hats Off to Judge Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    The Supreme Court may have made gay marriage legal in all 50 states, but the Supreme Court didn't make gay marriage moral or acceptable in the eyes of God. They don't have that power.
    I can agree with that.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The fact that the bible defines marriage as the union between a man and a woman existed long before there ever was a SCOTUS. Let the union between those of like sexes be called anything else but it is NOT marriage in the eyes of God. In some countries, such acts are forbidden and it's participants put to death. We used to be a devout Christian nation but now we are a nation of whatever the President says, goes. We are quickly following the path of the Romans whose lack of morals led to the downfall of an empire.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

As crude a redneck as I am......I can see this is turning my stomach.

I am a proud American, and I love America.....but perhaps a divided country may be the better thing. Whether Left or Right, East or West, North or South...or even diagonally.......we need to separate.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Scalia was correct about Obamacare, and Roberts screwed up badly defending it. . .
    Scalia is absolutely correct in his view of the responsibilities of the SCOTUS! SCOTUS is there only to determine the constitutionality of laws, not to rewrite them for Congress. IMO, Roberts was wrong for putting an interpretation into the Act that was never there in the first place. To add insult to injury, the SCOTUS made another mistake on their second ruling on the Act. This only points out that the President appoints Justices to the Supreme Court and it is a lifetime appointment so it is important who sits on the bench and that elections have consequences.
    Life member - NRA
    SW desert rat

Whatever this president says means squat to me. That guy's boat departed from America long ago.
    -Rudyard Kipling

While I can sympathize with your feelings about what the presidents says, the reality of it is he has the means to twist your tail so it does mean more than squat. Ever hear of an IRS audit? All the man has to do is drop a hint to IRS and they will work you over big time and that is only one of the tools this guy can use. When this man says "S___T"! the Justice Department, certain members of Congress, the IRS, the State Department, the SCOTUS among others are more than happy to jump up and say "How high and what color, SIR".
    Life member - NRA
    SW desert rat

I'm too old to be scared by government bureaucrats & auditors. But if that's the way this president rolls, then he's a criminal, as are the minions who carry out such tyrannical threats.

And anyone who supports that kind of activity is no better.
    -Rudyard Kipling

. . . and I also agree with you here, especially the criminal part. As long as he is in office, try to watch your back!
    Life member - NRA
    SW desert rat

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Now that homosexuals are allowed to marry in all fifty states, if three of them decide to join in Holy matrimony is that considered bigamy or is it ok if it's done in the name of love. I guess now anything goes and along with the corner stone of America's foundation.
    Morals, Morals? We don't need no stinkin MORALS!!!....I just completed my daily walk around my office building which covers about a 2 block area and you see some weird folks sometimes but today was world class....First I see about a 6 foot 5 inch white dude wearing a dress and spike heels go into the building across the street...I don't think it was Kaitlyn Jenner but it had big hairy arms and a pronounced adams apple so go figure....

Next corner I pass a 40ish year old woman with long purple hair with both arms, legs and neck completely covered in multi colored tattoos smoking a skinny black cigar and she gave me a dirty look when I walked by like something was wrong with me.....So I come around to the side of the building where there are some restaurants with outdoor seating and there are two black guys at a table making out like there's no tomorrow....GROSS....I finally made it back inside where in the future I think I will just walk the stairs for exercise because outside of here has become a freak show....

The problem with all this is that as strange as these people are, they freekin vote and you know who they are going to be voting for ok....The real danger to this country is that when Hillary is made Queen she will appoint another couple super liberal Justices to the SCOTUS which will doom us forever...God Help Us...

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy Baby View Post
    Does this mean that concealed carry permits and hunting licenses must now be recognized by all states?......
    That's what several gun lobbies are pushing, directly as the result of Mary can marry Mary and john can marry John in all 50 states. the second amendment and concealed carry like drivers licenses should be equally recognized.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”