CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America the Beautiful

Default America the Beautiful

I stole this from the guys over on the Ruger forum. One of the members there changed his long-standing avatar to one featuring an American Flag in support of the America we all remember and wish it to be. I think it's a great idea especially considering that this is a public forum. We have an opportunity to show all the lurkers out there that we deeply love and respect our country. Maybe we become passionate about certain issues but it's only because we want the best for this United States of ours.

So show your colors if you will. Happy Independence Day!
    ​O|||||||O

How's this? Seemed appropriate for a patriotic southern boy to me.

Proud to be an American.

Edit: Got it this time.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    How's this? Seemed appropriate for a patriotic southern boy to me.
    I love it myself and I just can't for the live of me understand the ruckus of the confederate flag that has flown for so long.
    They were soldiers too, it's a heritage. Heck they are taking Dukes of Hazzard off the air cause of a confederate flag on the roof.

What are we coming to?

I fly the flag daily and proud and happy to do it. Probably can't find one now but if I could find a confederate flag I'd fly that one too.

I got my Come Take It Flag flying now and then too. Guess I'm an equal opportunity patriot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ....I love it myself and I just can't for the live of me understand the ruckus of the confederate flag that has flown for so long....
    It really doesn't make sense. I think more than anything the South and the Confederate Flag has been made the whipping boy for all sorts or reasons, and many unrelated. Its unfortunate that most people- black and white- actually think that "white people in the South had slaves". But its just not a true statement. The truth is- rich people had slaves. And they were less than 10% of the population. And more truth is that some lived in the South and some lived in the North. The majority lived around the land suitable for agriculture. Also a lot of people are not aware that the slaves in the North were not freed until 6 months after the war was over. The Confederate flag is no more a symbol of racism than the American flag- actually neither is.....but some people just choose to believe that it is.
    Unfortunately there is a lot of false information spread around this country specifically dealing with slavery, North, South, and the Democrat party. Its needs to be corrected before any more damage and come of it.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Yeah. There's a lot of people too lazy to investigate the truth. They just go with their emotions. I guess it's up to us to wake them up if we can. You guys may wonder why I go off on those free market tirades. It's not for you. You all get it. It's for any others who might tune in once in awhile.

Thanks for upgrading your avatars. Maybe we'll get some more. Happy Independence Day!
    ​O|||||||O

I'll join in. Pleasant change of avatar, I just had to click around for a while till I remembered how to change it.

On the confederate flag issue, so may idiot have used it to piss folks off that the history it represents no longer matters to those folks. Truth is often the first casualty when two side are screaming their rhetoric at each other.
    The fight on the matter may not make any sense to us, but it is loud...

Peace and have a Happy 4th.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

^^^ lookin' good there dude
    ​O|||||||O

Is mine acceptable? even though its not a eagle?
    In memory of great-grammy; never understood a word she yelled in polish, but we all knew what she meant.

^^^ perfect!!!
    ​O|||||||O