CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P380 vs CW380 - what are the actual differences?

Quote Originally Posted by TXborn View Post
    My issue is with finding a carry holster for the CW380. Is the P380 the same?
    Not at all. TT Gunleather made one for me and I had it in just over a week. I also have a generic DeSantis that works ok.

Are you looking for leather or kydex?

Short answer “yes”. There is an almost imperceptible difference in the length of the barrel/slide (0.03”) Other than that the dimensions are identical. Any holster that fits one will fit the other one perfectly.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    Short answer “yes”. There is an almost imperceptible difference in the length of the barrel/slide (0.03”) Other than that the dimensions are identical. Any holster that fits one will fit the other one perfectly.
    Whaaat? THAT was the question? It wasn't 100% clear, that's why my reply might have appeared irrelevant.

This might be of help, if you're going kydex and the P380 doesn't fit perfectly. I have a Stealthgear holster for an HK USP 45c. It's fine. But I prefer the HK45c, and I'm a cheapskate who doesn't want to pop for a whole new holster. The joker at Stealthgear seemed uninterested in helping me buy a new index shell for the HK45c that I could attach to my existing holster. I had read about using heat to change the shape of kydex, but was previously reluctant.

As I recall, I bypassed the hair dryer and went straight to a heat gun set on low. I heated the general area that I wanted to slightly reshape, set it on the gun, and pushed on the kydex with my gloved fingers. It was shockingly easy. There were two areas I wanted to re-form, and got them done with only one or two heatings.

My concern was overheating and bubbling the kydex, or that it would get sticky when hot. Neither was the case. You can't even tell that I reshaped the shell. It looks perfect. Interestingly, the HK45c now fits the holster nicely, snapping right into place. But the fit of the USP .45c is not diminished, either. It's just like a factory fit. Now the holster fits TWO guns perfectly. Win-win.

Good luck finding the holster for your CW380.