Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye to Sparky

Yep that's what is left of Sparky. To clarify Kahr says failure is bad ammo talk to Winchester. I can ship the remains to them for an inspection but shipping will be at my expense. Winchester wants everything shipped to them for investigation. They are going to arrange shipping at their expense, insured both ways. I'll be inventorying everything and packing small pieces into packets. Everything will be photoed with time stamps and packets labeled as to content. There well also be a written statement as to what I am permitting them to do. Basically they can remove the case for their inspection but in no way can they take the gun apart or remove any parts.
    A big thank you to wyntrout for his assistance on publishing the photos. I'm still short of the 30 post count before the forum allows me to post pictures and video files so he was a big help.

Charlie

You're welcome, Charlie... glad to help.

Using Photobucket, you can post pictures instantly. You just upload them to Photobucket and make a new folder to put them in, or they'll just be in your "bucket". When you have one displayed there full size, you just right click on the photo and copy it, then you can paste it directly into your post here... easy. Free account there with LOTS of Gigabytes of free storage. You can make your photos private or public. Most of mine are public... very few private.

Really... check them out and open a free account. It makes it real easy to put high-resolution photos in your posts on forums like this. Some forums really limit actual uploads and this gets around that, too.

I would definitely work with Winchester and see if you can get them to buy you a new pistol.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Finally received a decision from Winchester and it is not favorable nor acceptable. According to their "quality control" group the round that destroyed my firearm was not loaded by them. They claim there are marks on the case that they conclude are from a reloading die and not their equipment. So their final word is they have no fault or responsibility in the matter. So as I understand there is now a second "MAGIC BULLET" in the world. Some how I buy an unopened box of Winchester White Box Target Ammunition from the local Walmart. I go to the local range and open the previously unopened box of ammo. I load my pistol with the ammo inside this newly opened box of ammo and after firing 97 rounds from this box the 98th round is not a round produced by Winchester. But rather a reloaded cartridge that materializes form an alternate universe in this very box thereby substituting itself for one round at the bottom of the box and it, this evil product of some unknown realm of existence, is the culprit that destroys my favorite pistol in this known universe.
    Must be some demonic plot by Micheal Bloomberg or Barack Hussein Obama or some other anti gun entity.
    So from this point on I will not use Winchester products, but I will tell everybody I come across of Winchester's refusal to stand behind there products.

I caution all that see this thread to be very careful in selecting Winchester products. I'm lucky that I had a high quality, well made firearm in my hands when I happened on a faulty, poorly made product that a careless company with no sense of responsibility or concern for the safety of its customer placed in open commerce.

Unbelievable. Thanks for the update. Did you, or will you, reply to them with the above story?

Wow, that is incredible. Incredibly lousy.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

The gun failed. The gun should have been sent back to Kahr. Kahr would have made the determination of why the gun failed. I don't know how Winchester could tell that the round was a reload just from scratches on the case once the round was fired.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    The gun failed. The gun should have been sent back to Kahr. Kahr would have made the determination of why the gun failed. I don't know how Winchester could tell that the round was a reload just from scratches on the case once the round was fired.
    Ancient Chinese secret.........................

Deep Run, NC. Between Raleigh and Atlantic Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacn45 View Post
    Yep that's what is left of Sparky. To clarify Kahr says failure is bad ammo talk to Winchester. I can ship the remains to them for an inspection but shipping will be at my expense. Winchester wants everything shipped to them for investigation. They are going to arrange shipping at their expense, insured both ways. I'll be inventorying everything and packing small pieces into packets. Everything will be photoed with time stamps and packets labeled as to content. There well also be a written statement as to what I am permitting them to do. Basically they can remove the case for their inspection but in no way can they take the gun apart or remove any parts.
    A big thank you to wyntrout for his assistance on publishing the photos. I'm still short of the 30 post count before the forum allows me to post pictures and video files so he was a big help.

Charlie
    I'm flabbergasted that Kahr would want you to pay for shipping the "remains to them". I would think they would want to be all over this "failure". This is NOT good customer service. I think Kahr's explanation for the "failure" is extremely important. You need to KNOW who not to trust. To me, it looks like it's ammo related. Why is Kahr so stingy about this?
    Last edited by Bawanna; 08-27-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Default Good Bye to Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Winchester determined it was a reload simply by talking to their lawyers.

Lawyers will have said "Nobody got hurt so there's not enough money in this for a lawyer to sue us. Blow him off, make some excuse."

Get well Muggsy
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I believe SlowBurn hit it right on the head. No injury, no lawyer will be willing to handle the case, gun owner likely won't invest thousands to sue for a firearm only worth $900.00 at most. Amount of damage possible via word of mouth and internet won't even make value of one day's production so blow it off and get back to business. As for Kahr, they already know it was not a failure of the firearm. So they don't "have a dog in this hunt" nothing for them to prove. Clear case of overcharged cartridge. Less involvement less exposure. Two Gunsmiths in my area already determined ammo as the cause. Today my 45 returned from winchester. Head of case is almost completely torn off,I'm sure from them driving it out of the breach. Only marking or scratches that I can see are the imprint of the inner bore of the breach that stamped into the case. So as winchester's legal squad surmised I'm out of one of the best pistols money can buy and they can go back to making crap and plan on how they'll screw the next guy that buys their trash. I'll just have to be thankful that, for whatever reasons you want to believe in, I still have all my fingers and hands much less my life. But two things are for sure in my future. I will buy another Kahr PM 45 and I WON"T EVER buy another winchester product of any kind! Let all of this be a lesson or warning (you decide which) to all that follow this forum. winchester DOES NOT CARE about you or your safety!!!!!!!!