CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye to Sparky

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    To me Polictical Correctness has gotten completely out of control and were I to delete this I would be part of the problem and not part of any potential solution.
    Colonel, well said. The use of the word that I think was used... is not racially offensive at all. Instead, its offensive to those who try to force political correctness upon people.

My Boss is named Jerry and when spoken, that's close to cherry, which is a vulgarity for female genitalia, especially the hymen.

A problem may be adulterated.

An actor may be a thespian.

And I've heard, that some here are a bunch of ho'mo sapiens, not that there's anything WRONG with being a ho'mo.

And political correctness will dash us all. Wait... dash is almost gash, and that means... never mind.

I usually try to go out of my way not to offend someone and maybe I'm naïve, but I don't see how the word "stingy" could possibly be that offensive to someone or did I miss something? This is my take on trying to be "too sensitive" to other peoples feelings. Just sayin..
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Stingy was the acceptable replacement word, not the offending word.

The dreaded N word that African Americans can call each other but not acceptable to be called same by crackers.

Let's move on folks, no need to dwell here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

MY bad. Didn't know about the word change. Moving on...
    "If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

So what was the word that caused so much heartburn?
    I'm reminded of a line from the Popeye movie.
    Everyone (except Bluto) went around saying 'you owe me an apology' for just about anything.
    obama? (no, that's an antonym to stingy)

Hello all, I won't even get started on the politically correct post that circulated here. As for trying to pursue satisfaction from some Junior Vice President or higher management person with winchester (and yes I intentionally did NOT cap. the W) I believe such persons are already aware of the situation. The person I communicated with was supposedly the supervisor of the "customer satisfaction" dept. and claimed to be the last level to review this incident.
    The cartridge has been inspected by a few Gunsmiths, various individuals I know that have reloaded ammo for years, and just general shooting enthusiast. None of these people can see anything that would cause them to believe this case was reloaded. All say the marks they see are from the case being "pressed" so hard against the bore of the chamber that the machining marks of the chamber were embedded on the walls of the case. Further three of these people pointed out that to remove the case for inspection, the head was torn nearly halfway around the remainder of its diameter. As such, they point out, the scrape marks along the length of the case were produced during the removal of the case and not by the case being resized in a reloading die as winchester is so subtly implying. And yes I am being as "politically correct" in writing this as I can. In my mind are words that would embarrass a Seventh Street Hooker as well as a Drunken Marine Drill Sergeant on shore leave on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, LA. I'll add that I have the greatest respect for Marines as well as all other Members of the American Armed Forces. And all members of the "world's oldest profession" rank tremendously higher in regards to integrity in my book than does winchester.
    In closing, use winchester products at your own risk because they sure won't stand behind them and you are not safe behind, on the side of, or in front of them.

Have you asked them again to explain how they determined it was a reload based on the evidence that you've collected? Surely it's worth one more try. It could be a $900 phone call or email.

Unless the round was reloaded with the exact same components that Winchester used when assembling the round it would be easy determine if it was a factory round or a reload through chemical analysis. I've used Winchester ammunition all of my life and never experienced a single problem.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Deep Run, NC. Between Raleigh and Atlantic Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by kahrinca View Post
    Hate that word because it so resembles another demeaning one. Whether its meaning is accurate or not is irrelevant to me, it's the context.

I try to choose my words carefully, not wishing to offend, and would use other words- there are so many others. But some people want to stir controversy and get a rise from and offend others. Whatever...why don't you contact Kahr, use that word while fully identifying yourself to them, and see what it gets you...
    No offense was meant to kahrinca, or any other member of this forum. If offense was taken, I sincerely apologize. I attempted to express my thoughts, with the vocabulary that I have. I sense that my thoughts are unwelcome. Peace to all.

Quote Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
    ...I sense that my thoughts are unwelcome...
    Sure your post caused a stir but I don't think that was your fault. You are welcome.
    ​O|||||||O