CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Idiot Apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    I feel your pain CJB. Actually, I don't as I have an excellent LBS run by and largely for cyclists. But I definitely/surely do sympathize.
    I googled the shop.... they have 11 one star and two five star reviews. The one star's have detailed accounts of how they suck - like not meeting deadlines, like not fixing things correctly, like being rude and treating the customer like crap. The five stars were both the same "They rock! Best shop ever!" Makes one wonder about the validity of the reviews.

The shop my friend told me about does in fact rock. Got the order all done today, paid for, they confirmed stock, and said it would be in their hands Wednesday. I'll be there Saturday to pick it up. I asked 'em to verify the bearing size as SRAM has shipped some oversize bearings by mistake. They're already onto that issue, and will gladly verify.

Best of all, no crap, no looking down their nose. Just guys who know their stuff and don't mind helping a customer. That's what I do with my own customers - inject a good friendly attitude and put the customer first.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    ARE U sure u werent in a Harley dealership trying to order a part??? Just sayin
    Well, Jocko... my closest dealer is Palm Beach Harley, and they in fact suck. "Stealer-dealers". For instance, the original receipt of the bike I bought used, was at $25,500, when infact the bike MSRP was $14,500. They listed every piece of standard chrome (primary cover, timing cover, rocker boxes, standard forward controls, belt guards, etc, etc.) as additional accessories. Those were stock, and listed as so on the all the sales sheets and webpage (which is archived). So, they nailed the original purchaser for $11,000 over list.

They don't have parts in stock, and treat you like a dolt for attempting to repair your own bike. And they give out and out incorrect advice and instructions...ie "You can't clip out the old pushrods in order to avoid removing the heads to change cams, the seals will all leak and you'll be in bad shape" - when in fact the MoCo instructions say... "use bolt cutters to clip out the old pushrods, being careful to not get debris in the lifter assembly...."

However, I'll happily drive 75 miles each way, to get to Treasure Coast Harley. Staff knows their stuff, and if they don't they get on the honker to the mothership and get the right info as you stand there at the counter. They actually have parts in stock. They'll tell you how to put 'em in. They'll print out the manual pages for you, and make sure you have the oddball seals and gaskets and little overlooked items. Donny there is as customer oriented as anyone I've ever dealt with, and so are the rest of 'em.

My money's with the folks who do me right - which is why I've got THREE KAHR PISTOLS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Well, Jocko... my closest dealer is Palm Beach Harley, and they in fact suck. "Stealer-dealers". For instance, the original receipt of the bike I bought used, was at $25,500, when infact the bike MSRP was $14,500. They listed every piece of standard chrome (primary cover, timing cover, rocker boxes, standard forward controls, belt guards, etc, etc.) as additional accessories. Those were stock, and listed as so on the all the sales sheets and webpage (which is archived). So, they nailed the original purchaser for $11,000 over list.

They don't have parts in stock, and treat you like a dolt for attempting to repair your own bike. And they give out and out incorrect advice and instructions...ie "You can't clip out the old pushrods in order to avoid removing the heads to change cams, the seals will all leak and you'll be in bad shape" - when in fact the MoCo instructions say... "use bolt cutters to clip out the old pushrods, being careful to not get debris in the lifter assembly...."
    Sounds like those guys prefer the customer that doesn't know much and buys a harley as a status symbol to show off to their friends but they don't really ride or know how to fix anything. They can then drain them of all their money.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Those in the fold know this, and thats why they call some dealers "stealer dealers".

We've got two good dealers, Treasure Coast HD and Palm Bay HD, the latter will discount bikes below MSRP on a regular basis, and at last look they had about 200 bikes on the floor of their showroom. The dealer I spoke of has maybe 50.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Sounds like those guys prefer the customer that doesn't know much and buys a harley as a status symbol to show off to their friends but they don't really ride or know how to fix anything. They can then drain them of all their money.
    not realy as a status symbol but as much as TRUSTING THE SALESMAN. Most people don't wrench their bikes, no matter what brand. Try wrenching a Goldwiner and u will get my point. But people get very pissed when they find out downt he road that their dealer lies to them. Mskes no sense . I was in the tire,gun,bikes, lawnmower, yadda business with my father for 70 years, and if my dad caought me lying or b-sing a customer, I certainly heard about it and fast to. Today I think these dealers and it just ain't Harley dealers either have the ol barnum bailey motto, A SUCKER BORN EVER MINUTE.

I was with my brother someyears back on a crusie with teh wives and we were in St. Thomas at a nice jewelry store and he was buying her a diamond tennis bracelt. It looked realy nice to so when the dealer put it in the box for him and wreapped it, the fokker switched the bracelet and when we got back on the ship and sailing he gaveit to his wife as a gift, and damn there was 4 dieamond missing from the bracelt. hE WAS fokked..

Those in the fold know this, and thats why they call some dealers "stealer dealers".

We've got two good dealers, Treasure Coast HD and Palm Bay HD, the latter will discount bikes below MSRP on a regular basis, and at last look they had about 200 bikes on the floor of their showroom. The dealer I spoke of has maybe 50.
    I could tellyou some real horror stories cjb, but u have heard them all to..Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Someone, without my permission or knoweldge, borrowed my new fat bike, and put it back with the seat improperly adjusted, the front derailer bent, the right crank arm bent and the left bottom bracket bearing popped out of its cage. No major paint damage anyplace. Makes me wonder how in the world it happened.
    I'm sorry, but I have to confess. It was me that "borrowed" your bike. I won't really go into the how or why but if you send me the bill I'll see if I can't scrape up a few bucks for the replacement parts. As a side note, DO NOT try to jump five busses with it. Trust me, the outcome isn't pretty!

Someone, without my permission or knoweldge, borrowed my new fat bike, and put it back with the seat improperly adjusted, the front derailer bent, the right crank arm bent and the left bottom bracket bearing popped out of its cage. No major paint damage anyplace. Makes me wonder how in the world it happened.

Anyway, due to the nature of the ultra-z level bottom bracket bearing, and it fitting only that crank, and vice versa, I'll be getting a new SRAM crank. No big deal, and the parts are renewable, unlike the present parts.

Went to the local bike store. I want to order a bottom bracket and crankset. Its a SRAM X5, 100mm wide, english cups and 36/22 chain rings.

Them: What bike is it for?

Me: Motobecane fat bike

Them: We don't sell Moto parts

Me: I'm asking you for a SRAM part, not Moto

Them: Ok, what bikes it for?

Me: Like I said, its for a Motobecane fat bike, but I want a SRAM X5, 100mm width, english cups and 36/22 chainrings

Them: Its not made

Me: Trust me, its made, and guys put them on the Moto's all the time, they even come on new bikes by other folks, how about you look it up

Them: Where did you find it?

Me: I went to the SRAM website.... and to AMAZON

(they go to AMAZON)

Them: Well that looks like what you asked for.

Me: Ok, get me one

Them: We can't order from AMAZON for you....

Me: I'm not asking you to, I'm asking you to order one from your supplier

Them: We can't, we don't have the part number

Me: Its on the AMAZON page....

Them: Ok, there it is. Yup, distributor has several available for us too.

Me: Great. How much is it, and when can you get it.

Them: We can't find out the price until we place the order.

Me: Well its $169 on Amazon, and that happens to be MSRP on the SRAM page, so as long as its not more than that I'll take it, so place the order and lets get this going.

Them: They're open again on Monday.

Me: Ok, place the order Monday, call me up, and I'll come in and pay, or just leave you a hundred dollars now to show you I'm serious about needing it

Them: We can't order parts unless they're paid in full.

Me: Ok... let me get this straight. You can't tell me the price until you place the order, but you want me to pay in full in order to order it.

Them: Yeaup!

I walked out, and heard 'em say thanks for wasting their time! Needless to say, I called up Daytona Bikes, ten minutes before closing, the guy was smart and courteous, had all the part numbers in about 30 seconds, and told me it was ten till closing and his registers were shut down till noon tomorrow. He offered to call me back, tomorrow, to get all my information, but I told him I'd call, as my schedule was hectic. Said three days to get the parts.

And the guy at the bike shop was the same one that ripped off half his thumb by sticking it in a moving rear wheel to stop it during a repair. Brakes? or a SNEAKER even? Jeeze.

So, I'm reminded of a zombie apocalypse, except.... one full of idiots instead.....
    Great story
    Moral #1 - Bike locks, use em. Especially in your own garage.

True story: My wife went into a bagel place for lunch. Q Hi, what would you like? A. I'd like a tuna bagel sandwich on an everything bagel please. Q We don't have tuna bagel sandwiches, we have roast beef, ham and cheese, .. see up there on the menu? A Then I'll just have an everything bagel, toasted. Q What would you like for your side dish? A What are my choices? Q Cole slaw, macaroni salad, tuna salad?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post

True story: My wife went into a bagel place for lunch. Q Hi, what would you like? A. I'd like a tuna bagel sandwich on an everything bagel please. Q We don't have tuna bagel sandwiches, we have roast beef, ham and cheese, .. see up there on the menu? A Then I'll just have an everything bagel, toasted. Q What would you like for your side dish? A What are my choices? Q Cole slaw, macaroni salad, tuna salad?
    I can completely see that happening. The brainless masses we have to deal with...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    I can completely see that happening. The brainless masses we have to deal with...
    You guys spoil me. Everyone around here is pretty smart. Then I go out in the real world...
    ​O|||||||O