Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1927A1 Feed issues and broken firing pin

Great idea DeaconKC. I contacted customer service and they are stepping up and allowing me to send the bolt to them and exchange. Kahr is showing good faith and I give them credit. I'm not giving up. I want to make it work like it's suppose to.
    If you just dump a firearm and not give them a chance, it's not fair. Mechanical devices are not perfect. I sent this back once. I don't think they duplicated my issue, and assumed my mags may be the issue. I did not send my mags with the gun, my error. As a mechanic I'm confident this firearm will get in acceptable performance. My son's works fine. If Kahr exchanges the bolt I will check and hope for better finish or I will polish it. Lapping it with compound is a great idea.
    What is the best lubricant to use on these?
    I put a 45 shell in the bolt to check the fit and it has a catch, for sure. Bolt is completely stripped and shell catches in the face of the bolt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trueaim View Post
    My TM1 has had repeated firing pins break. Kahr can't resolve the problem. The firing pins are stamped out of sheet stock and are made to terrible tolerances. Wish I had never bought this gun.
    Yes stamped steel, mine broke when it stove piped a round, and a live round was partially in chamber. If you find a different bolt, you can use a more heavy firing pin. There is 3 versions.

Top style is my broken firing pin
    Next down is ground down some other type
    3rd one is the one in mine and a new one
    Bottom one is heavy duty another style

Good luck Apsan, I use Militech grease and oil on the Tommy. They are an older design so they like being well lubed!
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle

I noticed that, it liked running wet the best. I had thought some modern synthetics may good slippery stuff

Got to compare my bolt with a new one today. Big difference! Case catches in my bolt but not a new one. I'm very confident this Tommygun will shoot like never has before after I get it replaced. Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you've narrowed it down and will end up with a sweet shooter. Did they say why your bolt was in the condition that it is?

Just sent it back, I doubt they will. It it appears a drop? The new one I compared had a impact part on it also but back side. I bet in making them they get tossed in a bin. Careful stacking should be considered. The new one machining is better then mine. It appears handling needs improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kahr is going to replace the bolt, they agree it is not right. I can't ask for more. They also gave me some tips regarding magazines and adjusting they if they cause feed issues.

Of course sent the replacement FedEx adult signature required. One delivery attempt, but I work during the week. Maybe today?

Quote Originally Posted by apsanford View Post
    Of course sent the replacement FedEx adult signature required. One delivery attempt, but I work during the week. Maybe today?

I hate it when that happens.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/