Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace

Thread: 1927A1 Feed issues and broken firing pin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1927A1 Feed issues and broken firing pin

Good Day folks
    My Son and I have matching 1927A1 Semi auto Tommy's. Mine was built in 2012 near as I can see. I have had stovepipes and feed issues randomly. My sons works nearly flawless. Mine went back to factory gunsmiths once to check and tune, only adjusted it. No parts were replaced as they advised.
    Fathers day we go shoot as a family. Dads failed miserably and broke the firing pin. Sons worked fine, with only a couple stovepipes all day, shooting a couple hundred rounds. I'm not trying to fast fire either, malfunctions randomly and slow fire.
    Looking for tips, and ideas to make mine more reliable. I ordered a new firing pin, I got two from Numerich that are wrong. Type #1 and Type #3 the one I assume I need was Type #2 out of stock, but they do not show the different types to know the difference. I have two firing pins that won't work. Where could I find possibly a bolt for these firing pins? These firing pins are far more heavy duty them my current one.
    The machining on my bolt is rough, should I emery the surfaces and smooth these out? Machining marks like threads all down it. I can post pics.
    Any help would be great!
    No matter what I plan to keep it and have our father son match set, and give to my grandson someday. Hopefully a more reliable firearm.
    Ammo used, we both shoot the same ammo. New and I reload. My reloads have been more reliable. Always used 230 grain round nose 45 ACP as recommended.
    Brass case only. My sons will shoot anything, mine was picky with some new ammo that was a import.
    Should I work on springs, ejector, etc?
    I have 30 round sticks and 50 round drum, didn't matter what magazine I used.

Feed issues, Stovepipes, one in the chamber and spent round doesn't get out before bolt slams shut. Usually, stovepipes most common. Live rounds usually feed OK, getting the spent round out seems to be the issue.
    Last edited by apsanford; 07-19-2015 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spelling and additional info