CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1927A1 Feed issues and broken firing pin

Got the new firing pin today. Now smooth the bolt finish and reassemble, hopefully do some range time soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Let us knkw how it goes.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I plan to smooth the rough surface of the bolt before I reassemble it. I was shocked to see such a rough machined surface.

Is this common? Reminds of machining on the old Mosin Nagant during war time the machining is rushed leaving threads in the pattern, where peace time it was slower and far more smooth. I have a Chinese T53, M44 and a 1933 91/30 and the 33 is smooth, the M44 is smooth from 55 but the T53 is a 56 and clearly feels line fine threads

Look at lower side of bolt flat spot. It appears bolt was dropped and bent the end in. This may be my feed issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the bolt at about 4 o'clock position you can see the flat spot. I emailed the company and hope they will exchange the bolt. They had it once already, I don't want to send it again.

My TM1 has had repeated firing pins break. Kahr can't resolve the problem. The firing pins are stamped out of sheet stock and are made to terrible tolerances. Wish I had never bought this gun.

Boy, that is rough. I thought my Baikal shotgun was rough. And they charge $165 for that? Maybe it's an old one from the bottom of the bin.

Sorry, been away for a while. Apsan, when I got my Thompson [used] I took it apart, left the springs out and slathered the insides with valve lapping compound, then worked the assembly back and forth for about an hour watching a ball game. I added compound every 5 minutes or so and it really did smooth it up a lot. Put an old bath towel over your lap to keep TLOTH happy with you.
    "The Deacon" Zoot Shooter #84
    Yup, I'm the guy at Surplus Rifle