Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM9 problem with takedown

Default CM9 problem with takedown

I have a Kahr CM9 and really love it ...until today. I've had this gun apart a number of time to clean it but today it just won't break down. I can pull the slide pin fine but the actual slide just won't come off. Something is holding it. I watched the videos and follow directions but no luck today. How on earth can I get this gun apart?

I assume you pull and release the trigger as you are pulling the slide off. Sometimes I pull fairly hard while working the trigger to get them to come apart. I even have to pull it and release a few times sometimes to get it all the way off.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I assume you pull and release the trigger as you are pulling the slide off. Sometimes I pull fairly hard while working the trigger to get them to come apart. I even have to pull it and release a few times sometimes to get it all the way off.
    Right. Sometimes you have to press and release the trigger a few times as you are pulling the slide off.
    Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie Commander
    Kahr K9 Elite 03, CW45, CW9
    Glock 19 Gen4 and Gen5
    Sig P225-A1, P320C 9mm, SP2022 9mm
    S&W 1911 SC-e scandiium frame
    S&W 686 Plus 3" .357 Magnum Talo Edition Revolver
    S&W M&P Shield 9 Performance Center, Shield .45, 9mm Compact 2.0
    S&W M&P 40 FS (Detroit PD)
    S&W SW22 Victory
    RIA 1911 22TCM/9mm FS Ultra, 1911 .45 FS Tactical
    CZ 75D Compact PCR 9mm

My cm9 trigger likes to be about half pulled to come apart the easiest.

Hold the slide in the normal position with your hand and pull the trigger to make sure its not c0cked. Release the trigger. Then let the slide move forward until it stops. then slowly pull the trigger until the c0cking cam reaches the point that it lets the slide move forward. Thats how i do it anyway.

There is a small place between not enough and too far with the trigger. I find also sometimes the more pressure I put on it the harder it is to remove.

You'll get it. Hang in there.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I've had the same problem with my CM9 from time to time. It has never happened with my CM40 or my CW380. Last time it happened I put the pin back in, pulled the slide all to the way to the rear, let it go, pulled the trigger, then went back and pulled the slide back far enough to remove the pin and everything went fine. Not sure what the problem was but I think I was able to scare it into behaving.

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Don't complain, with the California p380 you gotta stick in this orange fake mag and remove it before you take the slide completely off....otherwise you have a chance to damage the mag disconnect safety parts...

I saw a video on youtube where a guy put in a small orange plastic device that held his slide open to where he could remove the pin. Has anyone seen one of these takedown devices? Holding the slide back that quarter inch and trying to remove the pin is a real PITA.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

What everybody else said plus it may (?) make a difference if the magazine is not removed .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Don't complain, with the California p380 you gotta stick in this orange fake mag and remove it before you take the slide completely off....otherwise you have a chance to damage the mag disconnect safety parts...

I saw a video on youtube where a guy put in a small orange plastic device that held his slide open to where he could remove the pin. Has anyone seen one of these takedown devices? Holding the slide back that quarter inch and trying to remove the pin is a real PITA.
    I have a cap from a ball point pen that does that. I move the slide back, put it on and the slide is perfectly aligned. Just look around the house. You'll find something.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Kahr made an orange block thingy for removing the pin on the K9, but I'm not sure about others. I used a Sharpie marker and anything the right size to align the cutout on the slide with the pin will work. I just aligned the cutout with the pin visually... or just pushed on the pin as I moved the slide until the pin would move.

The steel Kahrs and the polymers align differently, though.

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

My CM9 needs the trigger held back for the slide to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk