Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trimmed Up Grip Screws, Didn't Screw Up

Default Trimmed Up Grip Screws, Didn't Screw Up

Decided I wanted some TORX grip screws, so I ordered some slim line 1911 grip screws. Fully torqued, they were about 2 threads too long. I decided I may as well invest in a dremel and try it out. After about 20 minutes of careful cutting and cleaning up, all 4 now sit perfectly when fully torqued down. Small potatoes to most around here, but it was nice to be successful on my first go round.

Well done, love it when a project ends successfully.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Well done, love it when a project ends successfully.
    Thanks. Definitely feels good. This dremel could have me searching out projects around home. Haha

When you own a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Be careful.
    NRA Benefactor

Dremels are great, I have 3 and haven't been without one in the last 25 years or so. BTW I dig your screen name!

Mr. Dremel here..... I think there's six or seven now. Each one set for one task - ie, mini-drill press, router, buffing, sanding, cut off wheel etc.

Use 'em more than my Fordham tool, which has way more balls, but is actually less handy.

One Dremel trick is to take a round item... such as screw.... and chuck it up in your drill or drill press. Now you got a little grinding lathe! Works! Ya gotta have a little finesse and a light touch but the results are a cut above (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    When you own a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Be careful.
    Yeah, definitely won't be hacking away at everything. There was a little bur from the factory on the frame that I cleaned up as well. I'll just be doing little things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    Dremels are great, I have 3 and haven't been without one in the last 25 years or so. BTW I dig your screen name!
    Thanks. Most people freak out knowing I carry so close to my business. Then they really freak out when they find out it has no safety. Haha. Although right now I feel naked, as the slide is at the gunsmith having new sights (XS Big Dot) installed. I considered doing it myself, but didn't feel like my first attempt should be on something that I've invested a good bit of time and money into. Once I pick her up tomorrow, I SHOULD be done with my little tweaks. Until Alfonse releases something else for me to buy. Haha

I love my Dremel................especially the flexible extension, and the grout tool.............................................. ........you'll like those Big Dots, have them on my H&K. I'll bet that you will have to aim a bit higher with those.......

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKROCKER View Post
    My original dremel is over 20 years old, wold be lost without it. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY