CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Muffs for Large Ears

Default Electronic Muffs for Large Ears

I bought a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport muffs based on good reviews by people who said they have large heads and ears. They work great, but after 20 minutes they begin to hurt my ears sumpthin' fierce. I'm not Bozo the Clown or Dumbo the elephant, but I do have large ears and they're still growing after all these years, unlike other parts of the anatomy. I do not necessarily have a large head 7 1/4", so I'm not sure why they pinch so much. Apparently the size of the cutout for the ears is the key.....I think. I've read so many glowing reviews/comments I don't know where to start now. I'm thinking of getting something from a bricks and mortar store instead of the internet so I can return them easier. Any good recommendations/comments would be helpful.
    Women call it "the silent treatment", and they think we don't like it.
    "The more laws, the less justice." Cicero

If the muff is burning your ears, I cannot imagine the chafing you shoulders gotta be given on what surrounds the muff. Just sayin.

I have a pair of Howard Leight L3 non electric, and they have a more rectangular cushion...............I like them......................and I have a pair of Remington's that were cheap, and have a more rounded cushion, and I like them also. I probably got them from Gander, don't remember for sure. I think you would be better getting them from a store in person.............maybe a shooting range nearby, where you can see what others are using?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    If the muff is burning your ears, I cannot imagine the chafing you shoulders gotta be given on what surrounds the muff. Just sayin.
    Hey, I can move those ears. Makes a great back scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Baklash View Post
    .... I'm thinking of getting something from a bricks and mortar store instead of the internet so I can return them easier. Any good recommendations/comments would be helpful.
    Don't know about how well they work with big ears, but I've a set from Harbor Freight that do the job for me. They are inexpensive and if you don't like them, Harbor Freight is pretty good about returns: http://www.harborfreight.com/noise-canceling-electronic-ear-muffs-92851.html
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Don't know about how well they work with big ears, but I've a set from Harbor Freight that do the job for me. They are inexpensive and if you don't like them, Harbor Freight is pretty good about returns: http://www.harborfreight.com/noise-canceling-electronic-ear-muffs-92851.html
    Regards,
    Greg
    That is an excellent price and the noise reduction at 24db is very good also. In fact, Harbor Freight just opened a new store nearby. I can try them out B4 I buy. Thanx.

I just did a Van Gogh and lopped 'em off. Never used 'em noways.
    ​O|||||||O

Wish there was a Harbor Freight near me. At least there is the internet.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Hey I'll swap you a Harbor Freight for the Big R in Wenatchee?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Something different you might look into instead of ear muffs that fit over your ears.

I am hard of hearing and have to wear hearing aids inside my ears. Mine are called over the ear because the electronic part is behind the ear with the plug in my ear. These have a feature of "instant off" for loud noises like gunshots. Then they are instant back on after the shot. Using these I do not have to wear any other hearing protection. They work gread because I always wear them except for sleeping.

Now there must be a similar product you could buy at a lot less cost than hearing aids. Some company somewhere must make a product like this for under $100. You might check around to see if you can find something to fit inside the ear like my hearing aids.