Mitch Rosen   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New MRI 1911C, A Love Story!

Default My New MRI 1911C, A Love Story!

I recently well not too recently, just took me an awful long time to get to the range to shoot it acquired a MRI 1911C.
    I already own a 1911G which is it's big brother and an excellent shooter. Probably the most accurate 1911 I own.
    I had high hopes for the 1911 C as well and not to give away the ending, I was NOT disappointed.

First it took me so long that I sent it to a training session with our regional SWAT team to shoot just to see if it worked. A fella's gun went south so he used my shiny new 1911 C for the whole day of training.
    Put 300 rounds through it with all different kinds of mags, different ammo, whatever they happened to grab.
    He reported it never missed a beat, not even once.

I almost put it into my carry rotation at that time but logic prevailed and I decided not to until we mated with each other.
    Well last week on vacation I took it out twice and no failures, mucho accurate and shoots right where it looks.

Didn't get too many live action shots this time but a few stills.
    Lord forgive me for leaving my shooting glasses in the upraised position, I thought the plane was landing or something.

I hung a set of Zebrawood handles on it before I took a picture.

Love the look from the business end too. Definitely a heavy barrel and very business like.

Anyhow back to the 1911C. If your pondering a Commander, don't pass this one up, it's a keeper, great shooter and starting tomorrow it'll be riding with me whilst the C Bob rest a spell in the toy box.
    ****, I gotta go back to work tomorrow, violets, I don't want to go back no more, please don't make me go back.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Too many pictures for one post, here's the ones I cut out from post 1.

Son also left me his Pedersoli Sharps wannabe in 45/70 that he's never shot. What a hoot, I love that one and want one of my own.

Took some getting used to getting the hang of the set trigger, mighty sensitive thing.
    Little over a 100 yards, first 4 shots.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's one nice looking piece. Really into the wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the pictures.

I wouldn't worry about your having the glasses up on the bill of your cap. YOUR EYES WERE CLOSED ANYWAY!!
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Well it was a big target, and the sand was a blowing so I reverted to my Jocko barn door target acquisition.

Just shoot and whatever you hit we'll call the target.

Truth is I generally shoot both eyes open, no clue why I was squinting in the pics. Maybe the sand storm?

Wife didn't get a picture of the target this time neither, she did so well last year, over confident I think.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Congrats on yours, and your son's, new toys. Looks like fun even in a sandstorm.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Congrats on the new pistol Bawanna. I almost bought one of these a few years ago, but got an STI instead. I would have been better off with the Desert Eagle, me thinks, both for function and $'s.

It's a looker...............................about how much are those 45/70 bullets now...........$5.00 a piece???????????

I wondered that myself but there wasn't a price tag on the box. I don't think they are near that bad.

Kid has lots of money anyhow...............................
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan