I recently well not too recently, just took me an awful long time to get to the range to shoot it acquired a MRI 1911C.
I already own a 1911G which is it's big brother and an excellent shooter. Probably the most accurate 1911 I own.
I had high hopes for the 1911 C as well and not to give away the ending, I was NOT disappointed.

First it took me so long that I sent it to a training session with our regional SWAT team to shoot just to see if it worked. A fella's gun went south so he used my shiny new 1911 C for the whole day of training.
Put 300 rounds through it with all different kinds of mags, different ammo, whatever they happened to grab.
He reported it never missed a beat, not even once.

I almost put it into my carry rotation at that time but logic prevailed and I decided not to until we mated with each other.
Well last week on vacation I took it out twice and no failures, mucho accurate and shoots right where it looks.

Didn't get too many live action shots this time but a few stills.
Lord forgive me for leaving my shooting glasses in the upraised position, I thought the plane was landing or something.

I hung a set of Zebrawood handles on it before I took a picture.

Love the look from the business end too. Definitely a heavy barrel and very business like.

Anyhow back to the 1911C. If your pondering a Commander, don't pass this one up, it's a keeper, great shooter and starting tomorrow it'll be riding with me whilst the C Bob rest a spell in the toy box.
****, I gotta go back to work tomorrow, violets, I don't want to go back no more, please don't make me go back.