Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Old Dillon square deal hard to pull handle

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oregon/Arizona
    Posts
    14

    Default Old Dillon square deal hard to pull handle

    Saw an article on you tube by a guy with a square deal, it was getting harder to operate, as mine was. He removed the large pin at the bottom of the handle, cleaned it up and lubed it to good effect. I did the same, found the the pin was scored and galling the hinge. I cleaned the pin up, used axel grease to lube it and it now runs nice and smooth and easy. Glad I did it. Bought a CM45, so just this weekend removed the 9mm tool head and installed a new .45 acp setup for the first time. Loaded 300 plus rounds of medium pressure 230 grain round nose and am looking forward to shooting my new CM45 for the first time tomorrow. Started off with a CM9 and really enjoy it very much. Got to looking at the 45 dimensions and saw it was only 1/10th inch thicker. After I prove its reliability will see how it works for me as EDC. At the moment the CM9 is the best I've known. Have to wait and see how it works out! Reloaded with polymer coated bullets for the first time, hope they work out, I bought a 1000.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Kahr chambers seem to be tight. Let us know how the reloads function. Always good to do the reload "drop into barrel " test before going to range.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Just this side of going around the bend
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Really hate to do this but........

    Make sure that you take a box or two of "store bought" ammo with you tomorrow just in case your reloads don't function as they should so at least the trip isn't wasted.
    For your sake, I hope that everything works out OK with the ammo that you reloaded.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    LBI
    Posts
    4,826

    Default

    I never had an issue with my 9mm reloads in any of my Kahrs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vegas, BABY!
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Definitely take some commercial ammo with you.

    I have yet to find an accurate 9mm load for my three Kahr pistols. (One was CRAZY! 24inchs wide and high and right at 15yrds out of a K9! But four inch groups from a G26.)

    Glock and Smith were easy and the same load.

    I haven't given up, just waiting for the weather to cool down to start trying again.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

    USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oregon/Arizona
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Update! Long story short, first range visit - buggers I reloaded too long, bought RCBS rock chucker, reseated bullets @ 1.200", 2nd trip - sweetness and light! Have 350 rounds through it total, the last 200 with Kahr mags worked flawlessly (whew). Used 3 other M1911 mags and they mostly worked however with some FTF, FT lock open, 1 FTload. My wife went with me and she shot cm45 fair amount (damn she can hit!), cm9 more and CZ75BD most. Got a Recluse pocket holster for cm45 and it is going to be my Every day carry now. Shot mostly at clay pigeons @ 75'/80' mostly. Was a wonderful day in Oregon today, both weather wise and fun shooting wise. Very much like my CM45! Now that the ammo and CM45 are sorted out, how about fixing my wobble/wiggles when aiming after I get a little tired Hmmmmm? oh yeah, for a while the slide lock was trying to work its way out, but the last 100 rounds or so that stopped.
    The 230 grain bullets were from Bayou bullets, they were powder coated (baked on polymer type plastic). If I were independently wealthy like most of you guys are, I'd probably shoot jacketed or plated bullets. Being a thrifty average fellow I'll probably go with the ones that cost the least. Enjoy every day a lot you guys! Thanks for the good words.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Excellent. I like it when a plan comes together.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Carl View Post
    Update! Long story short, first range visit - buggers I reloaded too long, bought RCBS rock chucker, reseated bullets @ 1.200", 2nd trip - sweetness and light! Have 350 rounds through it total, the last 200 with Kahr mags worked flawlessly (whew). Used 3 other M1911 mags and they mostly worked however with some FTF, FT lock open, 1 FTload. My wife went with me and she shot cm45 fair amount (damn she can hit!), cm9 more and CZ75BD most. Got a Recluse pocket holster for cm45 and it is going to be my Every day carry now. Shot mostly at clay pigeons @ 75'/80' mostly. Was a wonderful day in Oregon today, both weather wise and fun shooting wise. Very much like my CM45! Now that the ammo and CM45 are sorted out, how about fixing my wobble/wiggles when aiming after I get a little tired Hmmmmm? oh yeah, for a while the slide lock was trying to work its way out, but the last 100 rounds or so that stopped.
    The 230 grain bullets were from Bayou bullets, they were powder coated (baked on polymer type plastic). If I were independently wealthy like most of you guys are, I'd probably shoot jacketed or plated bullets. Being a thrifty average fellow I'll probably go with the ones that cost the least. Enjoy every day a lot you guys! Thanks for the good words.
    Using the barrel as a drop/go gauge, while loading, will eliminate any too long seating
    You might what to push a few into a magazine too
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Minnesnowda
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
    I have yet to find an accurate 9mm load for my three Kahr pistols.
    I shared my experience with reloads here. Some 9mm loads do OK, but my .45 loads (.40 too) do much better.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona territory
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Carl View Post
    Saw an article on you tube by a guy with a square deal, it was getting harder to operate, as mine was. He removed the large pin at the bottom of the handle, cleaned it up and lubed it to good effect. I did the same, found the the pin was scored and galling the hinge. I cleaned the pin up, used axel grease to lube it and it now runs nice and smooth and easy. Glad I did it. Bought a CM45, so just this weekend removed the 9mm tool head and installed a new .45 acp setup for the first time. Loaded 300 plus rounds of medium pressure 230 grain round nose and am looking forward to shooting my new CM45 for the first time tomorrow. Started off with a CM9 and really enjoy it very much. Got to looking at the 45 dimensions and saw it was only 1/10th inch thicker. After I prove its reliability will see how it works for me as EDC. At the moment the CM9 is the best I've known. Have to wait and see how it works out! Reloaded with polymer coated bullets for the first time, hope they work out, I bought a 1000.
    Just in case you didn't know Dillon will rebuild your press for you or send you what ever parts you need for it. They have the best warranty in the industry all you have to do is give them a call and let them know where you are having problems. It doesn't matter if you are original owner or how old the unit is. They are located in Scottsdale Az.
    " In God We Trust" I love my Country its the Government that I fear.
    Gun control isn't about guns, Its about Control.:32:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop