CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought Used CT380 today at Gun Show

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bought Used CT380 today at Gun Show

I've found that my CW380 has become my principle carry gun and had wished that I had got the slightly larger CT380 instead. Today, on the way out of the show I noticed a Kahr laying on a table and checked out price tag which read $248 + tax. Looked new, but dealer said it was used. I field stripped it and it had a little residue showing that it had been fired so I took the chance and bought it. Got home, did a cursory clean and grease, but fully expected to have a few glitches. However, I ran a batch of reloaded 100 gr flat points and then a box of Hornady XTP's thru it with ZERO hiccups. Couldn't be happier. After I put some more thru to be satisfied with its performance, it will become my new carry gun. It will also get a mild fluff and buff with particular attention to the striker.

Then, I'll put the CW up for sale. When I got it I gave it the Jocko full treatment and it too has been flawless. Wouldn't you know that only this week I put a Dawson fibre optic on the CW, as I had done with the CW9, and it really improved my accuracy by being able to clearly see the front sight. Will now order one for the CT.
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

Awesome report.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Wow that's a great price! For the CT380! What Dawson front did you go with on your CW9? I've been looking into one or the Crimson Trace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ronni3_J View Post
    Wow that's a great price! For the CT380! What Dawson front did you go with on your CW9? I've been looking into one or the Crimson Trace
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This one: Sight/Kahr/Front/CW/CM/Opt/.160T/.100W/Ramped/Tools Included
    019-191
    CT380,CW9, P45, Colt 1991A1, 1911A1 Rem-Rand, Sig GSR 45acp, Sig Ultra 45acp,Colt New Agent 9mm, German Makarov 9X18, M1 Carbines, Walther P22, Remington Nylon 66, North Amer 22, Ruger LCR 38cal, S&W Victory 38spl, S&W M15 38, Remington 870 Police 12ga.

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    This one: Sight/Kahr/Front/CW/CM/Opt/.160T/.100W/Ramped/Tools Included
    019-191
    Thanks for the info!
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Great price! Mine loves the Hornady too.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Glad its workin' GREAT for ya!

So.... somebody explain carrying the CT380 instead of the smaller CM9? One extra shot?

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post

So.... somebody explain carrying the CT380 instead of the smaller CM9? One extra shot?
    and thinner?
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post

If I'm gonna tote a 9mm, it'll be the CW9.

Carry the CT380 about 90% of the time (warm weather & shorts here), the other 10% (cool winter & jacket) it's the CW45.

Gifted my PM9 to my oldest son several years ago.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

yah, just a tad

I guess its a toss up, but I'd go 9 over 380 and not worry about the extra shot

Then again, I carry a PM45!