Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: RCBS customer service above and beyond

Default RCBS customer service above and beyond

Bought a Rock Chucker basic press for odd reloading jobs, sure is hell bent for stout, joy to use. Also bought RCBS 45 acp dies, broke a part on the sizing/decapping die. I failed to make sure the pin holder was tight, operator error on my part. Called their parts department and asked to buy the part (I offered no reason) they asked for my shipping address but refused to let me pay! I told them I felt it was fair for me to buy it, they refused! That was kind of startling and I was pleasantly surprised by it! Seems like Dillon has some competition in the superb customer care arena huh!?

I've been a fan of RCBS for years. I've never had a problem with any of their products.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

IMO, OTHERS may equal them but NOBODY is better than RCBS when it comes to customer service. Case in point, when the motor on my vibratory tumbler went south, they asked me to send it back for service. I paid for shipping and when the tumbler was returned, in the box was a brand new replacement tumbler and they paid for return shipping. The invoice said "No Charge". Pushing my luck, I called RCBS again, this time asking for a replacement motor for a second tumbler which had also gone bad. They sent me a new motor along with an instruction sheet on how to replace it. The invoice that came with it said "Warranty Replacement". It doesn't get any better than that!
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

Hmmmm, you might have waited until that second motor actually failed. But, who am I to judge.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I have had good luck with RCBS, Lee, and Hornady. All have sent me replacement parts for free.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Hmmmm, you might have waited until that second motor actually failed. But, who am I to judge.
    I actually have three vibratory tumblers. Originally I started off with two, one for walnut media the other for corn. When one of them stopped working, I put it aside and bought the third. When the third failed, I was left with one working tumbler. RCBS replaced the third tumbler and they sent me the motor for the second. Didn't mean to imply that I got a motor from RCBS just to keep as a spare.
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

I have had to contact them a few times with lost or broken parts and they have never charged me. I have offered to pay etc but shipped free. Not sure how they stay in business, but great customer service.

I poorly stored my rockchucker and it froze up several types of penetrating oils and 5 pound mallet, no good. shipped it to rcbs got back a new one N/C for real RCnoBS. Lost parts too. they rock!

I'm a devout RCBS fan. Had two Rock Chuckers going for awhile, sent one setup down to Old Lincoln when I got a Hornady progressive.

I over tightened a part setting it up and they also sent me a new part despite it being my fault. It's also a great press.

I still prefer the RCBS for rifle or just working up loads, but the progressive sure makes it fast. I usually only load 45 on it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."