Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member here

Default New member here

I'm a grandmother who is trying to find the right fit for carry and for having some fun at the range. I have a S&W .38 637 (J frame) & 10-5 (K frame), a 9mm S&W M&P Compact & 9mm S&W Shield as well as a Mossberg 20ga. They all are great guns and have their individual uses.

I have admired and researched the Khar P9 for a very long time. I shot a gun club member's P40 and it was a bit unpleasant to shoot a lot for my 5' 1" frame. Today my cable company sent out a tech to solve a problem with our service. He noticed a certain holster that was setting on a table (no guns were in sight) and casually asked what kind of gun we had. We had a great conversation and he really likes his Khar CW9. He also mentioned that a couple weeks ago he saw a used (but never shot) CM9 at a Pawn store the next town over and gave us directions.

At any rate, as soon as he left and before I had much time to think about it my husband and I drove up to check it out. I came home clutching my new (to me) CM9 with much excitement. Can't wait to try it out but thought I might start reading the tips that this site has available. I have a lot of reading to do.

BTW, the serial number starts with IR, does anyone know what year this gun was manufactured?

Welcome marshbunny, lord knows we don't have near enough grandma's around here. Quite a few grandpa's but very few grandma's, fact is you might be the first now that I ponder it.

Glad you found us.

The CM or P9 you mentioned are both sweet guns. The usually issue with most of the Kahrs is the dreadfully stiff springs making it difficult to rack the slide, load, unload, clear malfunctions etc. There are ways around that or perhaps I should say there are proper techniques to help with that.

I suspect and hope your gonna get along just fine. Don't run off now, we need a little grandma input around here frequently.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome. You got a good pistol there. You'll enjoy it for all purposes.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sorry our serial number thread in the new member forum doesn't cover CM9s. An email to Kahr could get you your date of manufacture answer. Good for you reading up on the prep stickies. There's a lot of good information in there that can only make your experience even more enjoyable. Welcome.

Get well muggsy!
    ​O|||||||O

Welcome! Congratulations, the CM9 is the ultimate concealed carry pistol. Glad you found us.

Get well Muggsy.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Glad you checked in. Just a couple of thoughts added to the above. Congrats on being a grandmother, I am a grandfather and love it.
    I carry a CM9 in my pocket daily . I also have a S&W Shield and a Taurus G2 PT 111 (which is very similar to the S&W M&PC). My revolver is a Ruger SP101 3" barrel.
    I think you will find the CM9 will take the place of the Shield and J Frame. Less muzzle flip and smaller. The S&W M&PC used when you want larger, heavier with more rounds.
    Women have different options than men on how to carry and what to wear. There are some good websites on the internet on methods of carry for women. Fashion often determines which handgun to carry.
    The Kahr trigger is more like the trigger on the J-frame ,but better. If I shoot a lot with my Shield, I sometimes "short stroke" the trigger on my Kahr. I usually start and end my range time by shooting my Kahr to keep the Kahr trigger pull in my "muscle memory". Now accustomed, I prefer the Kahr trigger pull, and also the "dot the i" sights.
    Keep in touch.

Positive strong thoughts Muggsy

Congrats marshbunny(we call'em swamp rabbits hereabouts!). I'm a Kahr newby myself but like mine a lot thus far. It is great to see a gun toting gmomma-awesome!

Welcome to the forum. You made the right choice with the CM9. I feel it's the perfect CCW weapon.
    Draw me not without provocation, sheath me not without honor.

Welcome marshbunny. Sit and stay a spell.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I called Khar customer Service this morning. I gave his the serial number of the CM9 and told his that I had bought it used but the dealer said that it new and had never been shot. They had to sell it used for whatever reason. The Khar rep was very cordial and answered all my questions. He informed me that, yes indeed the gun had never been registered and had been manufactured Nov 2013. So it could be a new gun. I went online and registered.
    I am following the recommended break tips on this site. I remembered that it took me a while to develop the muscle memory with the Shield. The slid on the CM9 is much harder to rack than both my S&W M&P’s when they were new. I am spending a lot of time just repeatedly racking the slide with & without the magazine. I was up till the wee hours last night catching up on posts that might be of help. This site is a great resource for me.

BTW, we have marsh rabbits at our place in central fl. They are so small & cute that I thought I might use their name. Not saying that I am cute, but I am small.