Xssights   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW380 Light Strikes...Fack

Default CW380 Light Strikes...Fack

Having had 250 trouble free rounds through my CW380 I thought I was home free but todays range trip proved me wrong. I grabbed 100 rounds and headed to my local range this morning while the little one and the lady were in bed. I go about my typical procedure setting up, loading the magazines etc. At about the 50 or so round I get a click but no bang. I drop the magazine, clear the round, reload, and fire away. I then get the bang and finish magazine. This happened 3 times today After my range trip I cleaned the gun and did the brake clean inside the striker as well. After some reading on the board I do a few pencil tests and everything seems to be in order. Im hoping it was just a dirty striker since its the first time i've cleaned it out with brake clean. Ill hit the range again next week and see if that changes anything. I was hoping I would get lucky with the CW380 and not have any issues since ive broke it in

Shot from earlier

CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

I clean the striker channel every time I clean my gun and clean my gun after every use.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

What kind of ammo?

My Ruger SR9 initially had a light strike problem with WWB, but cleaning the striker channel cured it.

My new CT380 wouldn't run ANY WWB at all, but eats all the Remington & Hornady I feed it.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Sometimes hard primers happen, but it couldn't hurt to have a little more energy designed into the striker mechanism IMHO. Light strikes not an uncommon complaint.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I clean the striker channel every time I clean my gun and clean my gun after every use.
    This. Tried it 1x with a dirty p380 - number of light/no strikes. Quick clean at the range, problem went away.

GET WELL MUGGSY
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Default CW380 Light Strikes...Fack

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    What kind of ammo?

My Ruger SR9 initially had a light strike problem with WWB, but cleaning the striker channel cured it.

My new CT380 wouldn't run ANY WWB at all, but eats all the Remington & Hornady I feed it.
    Good reloads from a local shop. I've used their 9mm without issues. This is my first batch of 380s from them
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

So, are you guys saying it's necessary to clean the gun after every range trip? I don't particularly care to do that. Of course, I use FrogLube and there's not all that much to clean out anyway. Most of the time I just BoreSnake the barrel a few times while it is still warm, and wipe interior of frame with a paper towel and maybe use a Q-tip on the feed ramp. I really don't think it matters all that much, unless gun is really, really dirty.

When PM9 was brand new, I degreased it and sprayed the striker channel hole with electronic cleaner.

In any event, if the S&W Shield were a Kahr I'd stick with the Shield, but it's not, and not a PM9 with all its other attributes- smaller size and lower weight, polygonal rifling- e.g., a true quality pocket pistol.
    Last edited by kahrinca; 08-24-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

Quote Originally Posted by kahrinca View Post
    So, are you guys saying it's necessary to clean the gun after every range trip? I don't particularly care to do that.
    I don't know why you would not want your carry gun to have the highest probability of working when you need it to. A clean pistol has a higher probability of working. That's why I choose to clean my carry gun after each range trip.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I don't know why you would not want your carry gun to have the highest probability of working when you need it to. A clean pistol has a higher probability of working. That's why I choose to clean my carry gun after each range trip.
    I don't know if that's really a true statement. I don't lubricate polymer guns much, and I've found that if I don't clean the gun each and every time it doesn't make a difference- it still goes BANG. Again, I use FrogLube.

The chance of needing to use it is so slight (YMMV) that I don't worry about it. There's considerable anecdotal authority that we gun owners clean our guns too much and it's not necessary and may even be detrimental.