Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW 380 trigger pin walking out

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

The plastic rails in the Kahr are there just to help you reassemble the slide to the frame. You can cut them off and the gun will still operate.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

There is a one-piece metal rail insert in the front part of the frame and there are two metal mini-rails at the top rear and forward of the very back of the frame. The slide is entirely supported by these metal rails and the front one is really substantial... a one-piece affair mostly embedded out of sight.

Here's a kaboom picture - not mine! that exposed the front rail assembly:

And here is a picture from the Kahr patent.pdf with the two sets of steel rails pictured above the frame:

And, as pointed out by skyflydive in the next post, I do believe that #118 shows the location of the notch or "chip" from the rail used in manufacturing the rails.

Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 08-28-2015 at 01:15 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Hey look! #118 shows where the notch in the rail is.

Couldn't resist...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    The plastic rails in the Kahr are there just to help you reassemble the slide to the frame. You can cut them off and the gun will still operate.
    would be a real b!tch to get the slide back on though, but ur basically right. Thats why when we read of a post of slivers showng up on the polymer rails, it is just the high spots on those polymer rails beng worn down by thge slide action. They do give the frame some strength though in that area and with the slide on the gun, there is no way that frame area can project outward either, as the slide does hold the frame into correct position also. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    There is a one-piece metal rail insert in the front part of the frame and there are two metal mini-rails at the top rear and forward of the very back of the frame. The slide is entirely supported by these metal rails and the front one is really substantial... a one-piece affair mostly embedded out of sight.

Here's a kaboom picture that exposed the front rail assembly:

And here is a picture from the Kahr patent.pdf with the two sets of steel rails pictured above the frame:

Wynn
    nice job Wyn, pictures are worth a 1000 words. I say that every time i see a photo of Rosie ODonald..Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by cobrasjp View Post
    You don't have metal inserts in the rail at the back of the frame?
    You mean THOSE 2 itty-bitty things - I wasn't about to "count" THEM! Lol - that one is on me

Great stuff from Wynn, too - I didn't realize the "forward rail" so substantial! This makes me feel even better about this pistol - thanks, everyone.

Did u ever find out what to do with the trigger pin walking out? My P380 is doing that. I bought a new pin, but haven't tried putting it in yet.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    Did u ever find out what to do with the trigger pin walking out? My P380 is doing that. I bought a new pin, but haven't tried putting it in yet.

Charlie

This was on the first page. I did this and no more issues

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Here is another post that talks about fixing the trigger pin walking out:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...80+trigger+pin
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

What did you use to file off the lip at the end of the pin? A grinding wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
    The metal inserts in the forward/lower portion of the frame are not really part of the rail; they ride in the grooves in the slide on both sides of the guide rod. The top rail - the actual rail - is all plastic... I guess you could say it's a 2-part rail
    All Kahr have steel rails both front and back. The plastic rails serve on as an aid for reassembly of the gun. That notch in the left front rail is supposed to be there.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380