Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Carry your gun. EVERY. DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I never said he was a pillar of society.........................did you watch the video? Apparently. with your way of thinking, if I come up to YOUR car window, and you drive away, I can shoot you in the head. That's what happened. Was it right? No. Was it illegal? Yes. We all know how you feel about LE and the guy in the car. Still didn't give the LE a right to shoot him in the head. The officer's statements contradict what was in his report. He wasn't dragged down the street. It really doesn't matter what these criminals think of me, you still can't shoot someone for no reason, it's simple really. We all understand that criminals don't play by the rules. It doesn't matter in a court of law. The next time a bicyclist swerves to avoid hitting you, please don't hesitate to shoot him, because his cycle is a weapon, and even though he's not armed, shoot him anyway........your rules, not societies. What if that would have been your daughter, and she pulled away, and made a foolish mistake, and they shot her in the head. Change your thinking? GET WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First of all I taught both of my sons respect for the law. Neither would have pulled a stunt like trying to flee the police. If a in his attempt to escape the law he killed your daughter as a result high speed police chase. Would that change your mind? The perp damn well didn't drive off after he was shot in the head. The perp contributed to his own death. In my opinion the video was inconclusive.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Police are held responsible for the protection of the populous of their jurisdiction. Yet they are expected to hesitate just long enough before using deadly force to get themselves killed. Everyone wants to make it home to their family, which can be kinda hard to do when you give the bad guy first shot.

Plastic (or polymer for the purist) guns are difficult to distinguish from the toy variety, especially when one is being pointed at you. The orange tip put on toy guns (really a great idea...NOT) cause just that much more hesitation, and will get you killed just as fast when a bad guy paints a orange tip on a real gun.

That being said, on the other hand, a lot of people who seek police work have controlling type personalities. A lot of the severe controlling personality types get weeded out through the hiring process, but a few make it through.

Everyone can sit back and critique anything, but when it comes to self defense or any emergency situation, one of two things are going to happen, it's called "fight or flight". Your either going to try and get away, or your going to strike out and fight back. You can sit and talk about what your going to do if such and such happens, but you will really never know how you will actually respond until the situation arises. Training can give you confidence, but self preservation takes precedence. Yes, some people are born to lead, others to follow.

Communication skills? Lets save that for another post.

OK, flame retardant suit activated!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Well said BH.
    ​O|||||||O

Default Carry your gun. EVERY. DAY.

Whether the bg is armed or not is only one factor. The question is whether from what you are confronted with, there's reason to fear imminent (ie immediate) death or great bodily harm. If so, deadly force is justified legally and morally.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    ^What Old Lincoln said^
    Agreed.

To go along with what i said about rights in my state to shoot if someone is breaking into your home or business the situation completely changes if you are outside of home. You or your family member better be faced with death or great bodily harm before you present a weapon, otherwise you could be facing time. And be sure not to interfere in someone elses domestic dispute using your firearm.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That's my Achilles heel. If I see somebody getting stomped, gang bangers picking on somebody or a lady in distress, I'm not driving by.

Not to say I'd just shoot somebody straight away but if they don't want to stop the evil and they deserve to be shot, I'll most likely ablige em.

If I'm in a school or mall and I see someone fixing to shoot folks, even if I'm not the one they are fixing to shoot, I'll most likely shoot em.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well hell, Bawanna, you're my friend!
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I carry every moment I'm awake including while around the house in pj's, I have a P32 clipped to my pj's... 8 rounds of fmj aint nothing to sneeze at and allows me time to procure a rifle/shotgun or larger handgun, which ever comes first at my disposal....

glad your super is okay, could have turned worse, quickly.... being hit on the back of the head by a blunt instrument has killed and comatose many....