Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Appendix Carry

Ha, ha. I am 71 years old. 10 years ago I was 5' 8" tall and weighed nearly 200#. I am now 5' 7" tall (we shrink as we get older) and weigh 140#. Hard work but well worth it! As far as respect, like Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get nunna that anyway! (I carry at 10:30ish cross draw position.)

After the kid in Milwaukee killed himself carrying that way I personally would never do it. I carry in pocket or pancake holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DXTAC View Post
    After the kid in Milwaukee killed himself carrying that way I personally would never do it. I carry in pocket or pancake holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I make no decisions based off what other people have done, if you do it with a conscious and care you'll be okay, guns just don't go off by themselves..... for crying out loud I've carried a P32 this whole summer without a trigger guard using just the clip iwb at about 3:30 ish...... no worries, thought I'd never carry that way but seriously if you are negligent accident's happen....

OP: I'm to fat for AIWB, I've tried it and don't find it comfortable when my gut is on the gun while sitting down, 5' 10" and 205#... I blame my wife of 15 yrs as I used to be very fit and worked out religiously at 165#..... but in all honesty I'm just getting older and allowing myself to be more lazy, this needs to change no doubt....

deadeye I heading in the same direction my self . You do darn sure get shorter as the years speed by and food does not taste as good so you don't enjoy it as much and then the weight starts to leave too!! I have lost 50 lbs from my biggest big still heavy
    But never had an issue CC'n with a iwb at 2:00 .

DWTAC You can't help stupid . Stop befor re-holstering and think about what your getting ready to do . Look at what your doing to be sure clothing is clear and use a quality holster . NO problems as its not going to go bang on its own . I have watched a couple so called experts shove a handgun back in there holster about as quickly as they did when firing on a target . Real cool guys ??

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    Ha, ha. I am 71 years old. 10 years ago I was 5' 8" tall and weighed nearly 200#. I am now 5' 7" tall (we shrink as we get older) and weigh 140#. Hard work but well worth it! As far as respect, like Rodney Dangerfield, I don't get nunna that anyway! (I carry at 10:30ish cross draw position.)
    I'm with ya, brudder. 72, 6'1.5" (down from 6'2"), 202#, lean enough, mean more than, and the epitome of don't mess with an old guy because....

Why don't we have no chest pound smilies on this forum?
    NRA Benefactor

I'll put in the request in triplicate forthwith. What was I thinking.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I carry at 1:00 and 2:00 using a tuckable High Noon holster. I'm 6' tall and 200#, and I tilt the barrel towards my junk a bit when riding in the car, and straight up no cant when walking. It's the ONLY way I have found to comfortably carry IWB. Quick access from that spot, and I use a holster with a bit higher ride, so I can get a handle on it. It definitely has to be a small firearm to accommodate.

eh... tried it over the weekend. Not comfortable at all. Maybe if I had my high school physique, but beer and pizza influenced my life for too long.
    Will stick with my 4 o'clock carry. Been doing it for most of my life and in many way it's second nature.
    Thanks for the input and comments.

It can be some much more about the holster you use to make a new position comfortable for carry . I while back when I bought the p320 I order a new holster . Garrett silent thunder Fusion . Its there hybrid as that's what I am use to . It looked comfortable and very adjustable. How wrong I was . Rear side material is far to soft and when handgun is cleared it folds in on it self making reholstering hard to manage and adjustability was rather limited . Fit is so sloppy it would work for most any 3.75 to 4.25" pistol from my sig to a commander so gave to a son in law that only carries at 4:00 with a ruger p97.

It's pretty comfortable with a holster like this...............
    Attached Images Attached Images