Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why do the Kahr extended magazines exhibit problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It would seem based on your range experience that we're addressing an issue that may or may not even exist with the extended magazine. Perhaps Kahr as already performed a cure we are unaware of?

The gun coming with 3 mags is a real bonus, 2 is the norm and only 1 with CM's and CW's.
    Check out 7:22 to the end, doesn't fare well with the extended mag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCZu2LXTqbQ

On another point- purchased a CW9 seven or eight years ago. You are correct- came with only one mag- flush 7-rd. I wanted another mag, because one is never enough! So, I thought, I'll get the 8-rd extended one for it as price was about the same! Later, I had regret and would've ordered another flush one. Live and learn..

But I presently do not feel that way about my current extended 7-rd mag for the PM9. Maybe Kahr made improvements to the follower or other, or maybe the MAGAZINE FIX helped it along for me this time (not performed on the CW9 mags), or cycling the slide, storing it overnight with slide locked back, maybe one or all helped. Don't really know but there seem to be enough complainers here and on the net about them.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    O'dell there are many aftermarket 8 round mags for 1911s that don't extend beyond the grip. Shooting Star is one of my favorites.
    Yeah, I know - my FS lightweight Loaded Springfield came with two of them. However, I use 7 rounders because that's how John Moses originally designed it. I guess you could say, I'm a traditionalist. As far a concealing one, I practically never carry a 1911 because they're too expensive to lose.

Regarding the OP, he has done nothing but criticize Kahrs since he arrived. It's a good thing we're such nice guys - he would have been banned from most brand-specific sites long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I seem to remember that some have had issues with extended mags ever since I bought my first Kahr about 12 years ago. Consequently, I have never used one. My PM9 was ordered with 2 six rounders but also came with a seven so I gave it away. To me any extended mag hinders conceallability so I never use one in any pistol. Even my FS 1911 has 7 round mags because that's the way JMB designed it.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    Yeah, I know - my FS lightweight Loaded Springfield came with two of them. However, I use 7 rounders because that's how John Moses originally designed it. I guess you could say, I'm a traditionalist. As far a concealing one, I practically never carry a 1911 because they're too expensive to lose.

Regarding the OP, he has done nothing but criticize Kahrs since he arrived. It's a good thing we're such nice guys - he would have been banned from most brand-specific sites long ago.
    O'Dell-

Look who's calling the kettle black.

Not only do you mischaracterize my posts in this thread, you personally attack me in violation of numerous forum rules. Smear.

I am quite happy with my Kahr, contrary to what you may perceive, and I believe my concerns and observations are worthy of consideration.

Extended mags with my MK40 Elite have been flawless.
    I shoot as much with standard as extended and have never had a problem.

Barth

Good to hear, Barth!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My PM9 has a stock 6 rounder, a Pearce grip modded one, and the factory extended mag and none cause an issue. To the comment about 1911s and having to tune a mag, I say maybe, maybe not. My Colt Rail Gun 1911 has run fine on everything from stock colt mags to Wilson combat ETM to WW2 era mags out of a Sistema. I don't buy into mag tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
    The point is moot as far as I am concerned. Why buy such a small, compact pistol only to put an extended magazine on it? Just buy a bigger gun if that is your goal.
    now there is a post that to me makes sense. For me that totally butt ugly extended magazine for the kahrs suck. Why would I want to have a ultra lite, ultra compact semi and then stick a longer magazine in it, for what??? One fokking extra round. If u can't do it in 7 with a PM kahr, then buy a cw and do it in 8. I never practice with my extended round magazine, for it definitely gives you a different hold than the flush fit magsill gladly trademy extended round mag to anyone with a 6 round kahr mag. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by kahrinca View Post
    Assuming that your theory is a correct one, it's totally unacceptable. A Glock 26 can fire just fine with a 17 or 33-rd mag attached.
    gottsa remember GLOCKS never fail, they are perfect. I have always felt a double stack mag has a distinct advantage ov er a single stack . Bulk makes perfect in double stack vs single stack. Topday kahrs 7 round extended mags, seem to be perfect. Just sayin...I will report that last week I was shooting my G43 at the range and every TUL brand round would not go boom. every utter brand that I had went boom, two TUl roundws would not even feed.... I should have known better when i bought a few boxes of that ammo, buty it was cheap at the time, sure give me some TAP,RACK DRILLS though. Ju7st sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jacko For some of us fingers with dexterity issues find extended mags give us something to hang on to for mag changes with these tiny arsed mags . I don't think any one would carry a small kahr single stack with a 7 or 8 round mag sticking out while carry'n . I found out even a no extra round extension on certain single stack full size mag worked well in matchs 25 years ago so why not take advantage of a couple extra rounds IF ever needed in a single stack . Good that we all have choices !!

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    Jacko For some of us fingers with dexterity issues find extended mags give us something to hang on to for mag changes with these tiny arsed mags . I don't think any one would carry a small kahr single stack with a 7 or 8 round mag sticking out while carry'n . I found out even a no extra round extension on certain single stack full size mag worked well in matchs 25 years ago so why not take advantage of a couple extra rounds IF ever needed in a single stack . Good that we all have choices !!
    no argument from me, extendfed mags do what they are designed for....

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY