Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: CW 380 lower detail strip and reassembly

Default CW 380 lower detail strip and reassembly

Is there a video that would show the CW 380 lower detail strip and reassembly?..

If not:

Does the flat area of the trigger spacer point up (my guess) or down?

How do you re-insert the trigger bar into the trigger - can this be done with the trigger assembly in place? I can't seem to move the bar low enough to reach that hole, regardless of the position of the bar...

...and before someone asks ( I know someone would ) why TF I took the trigger assembly apart, I needed to modify the trigger hinge pin to allow it to reach the retaining pin in the frame (the flimsiest solution I've seen as far as trigger pin retaining mechanism).

...and yes, I should have just pushed that pin out with my Glock punch, thus keeping the assembly in place...

Thanks!

I've never been inside a Kahr lower end.

I believe GB has on an occasion or two. He may have the answer that you seek.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There's a DVD entitled, Complete Kahr Disassembly - Reassembly by Lenny Magill available at,
    http://gunvideo.com/index.php?catego...ory_id%3D80%26
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
    Is there a video that would show the CW 380 lower detail strip and reassembly?..

If not:

Does the flat area of the trigger spacer point up (my guess) or down?

How do you re-insert the trigger bar into the trigger - can this be done with the trigger assembly in place? I can't seem to move the bar low enough to reach that hole, regardless of the position of the bar...

...and before someone asks ( I know someone would ) why TF I took the trigger assembly apart, I needed to modify the trigger hinge pin to allow it to reach the retaining pin in the frame (the flimsiest solution I've seen as far as trigger pin retaining mechanism).

...and yes, I should have just pushed that pin out with my Glock punch, thus keeping the assembly in place...

Thanks!
    The flat area on the circumference of the spacer goes "down" towards the trigger spur.
    I'll send you a PM with a link to an excellent tutorial (not mine) for installing the trigger.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

The hole to insert the trigger bar into the spacer is covered to prevent the bar from coming out during normal operation.

I purchased the video about the takedown of a Kahr, and I'm still afraid to take it apart...LOL The guy who made the video had some major problems in certain areas and the video was "edited" to help him get past those parts, but leaves the viewer wondering.

Not really worth the money IMHO. I found a video of someone putting a trigger on a p45/pm45 (I think) that was clear, but lost the link...
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    The flat area on the circumference of the spacer goes "down" towards the trigger spur.
    I'll send you a PM with a link to an excellent tutorial (not mine) for installing the trigger.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Thanks for taking the time to dig this up, Greg - as I was afraid, the trigger bar won't just snap back in - you have to reinstall it thru the opening in the grip section of the frame. Time to slice off some of my Talon grip overlays
    I really appreciate the intel - you spared me much grief!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    The hole to insert the trigger bar into the spacer is covered to prevent the bar from coming out during normal operation.

I purchased the video about the takedown of a Kahr, and I'm still afraid to take it apart...LOL The guy who made the video had some major problems in certain areas and the video was "edited" to help him get past those parts, but leaves the viewer wondering.

Not really worth the money IMHO. I found a video of someone putting a trigger on a p45/pm45 (I think) that was clear, but lost the link...
    Lenny Magill may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer and he may have been born with ten thumbs, but he did have the balls, talent and smarts to detail strip and reassemble the Kahr lower and you didn't even try. Just sayin'.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    Lenny Magill may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer and he may have been born with ten thumbs, but he did have the balls, talent and smarts to detail strip and reassemble the Kahr lower and you didn't even try. Just sayin'.
    Well I was depending on help from Lenny Magill, and in fact PAID Lenny Magill (for the dvd) and he didn't come through for me....that's why I didn't even try. On top of that found out the day after his business charged my credit card account, that some idiots in Great Brittan put 800.00 on my card. Didn't use the card anywhere else.

Don't get upset, I won't be ordering from Lenny and his store again.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshouse View Post
    Well I was depending on help from Lenny Magill, and in fact PAID Lenny Magill (for the dvd) and he didn't come through for me....that's why I didn't even try. On top of that found out the day after his business charged my credit card account, that some idiots in Great Brittan put 800.00 on my card. Didn't use the card anywhere else.

Don't get upset, I won't be ordering from Lenny and his store again.
    That wasn't my experience and I was able to detail strip and reassemble my CM9 without any problems. It's far from the best gun video that I've ever watched, but it got the job done.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I've taken the lower down a couple of times on a cw45 and cm45. You definitely have to hold your mouth right and i would imagine its even more challenging on a tiny .380.

One hint: I used a punch to line everything up then pushed the trigger pin in from the other side.

Good luck.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/