Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered My 1st Thompson!!!

Hmmm...I'm hoping I won't feel like I need them. I've heard some people say they leave the bolt locked back when they store the rifle and that helped loosen the springs up.

This thread needs eye candy!

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's awesome. What kind of 1911 is that? I already have two 1911's, Remington stainless fullsize and a Rock Island Armory officer model. I don't have a "WWII" style 1911 though. Thinking about trying to trade or sell a gun or two to get one of the Auto Ordnance "WWII" model 1911's to go with my Garand, Carbine, and Thompson.

How hard was it for you to shorten the stock? Did you use an original style buttplate or the one that came on the original stock? Also, was the wood on yours already that dark or did you refinish it? I want that dark "battleworn" stock look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This thread needs eye candy!
    As if I wasn't jealous of you and Zak already!
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Haha. My Dad got me into guns at a really young age and when I turned 18 I started heavily collecting guns. I'm 24 now, and have done nothing but constantly trading/selling guns to amass a pretty nice collection. Everything I own (with the exception of a couple AK's and my 1911's) are all vintage or military surplus firearms. Most of which date to 1945 or older. And even my AK's are traditional with wood furniture.

That's a genuine Colt 1942 right out of an officers duffle bag. Got his Quality Hardware and Machine M1 Carbine too!
    Lucky day for me.

That is a Boyds aftermarket stock. I finished it. I oiled it and then put military stock stain with a hint of red in it and it came out like that. I'll have to look at home and get the brand. I just had to buy a quart of the stuff direct since Brownells and others quit carrying the stuff.

I at the time didn't have an extra buttplate so I cut out and made my own so I didn't mess up the original. Also got the Boyd's for the same reason. Wasn't expensive and good and solid.
    I just carefully cut exactly parallel to the original shape on my bandsaw. I actually cut 1/2" at a time and I think I took a full 2"'s off and still not too short by a long shot.

The rear sight is close to the face but the foreend is still out there.

.......I was 24 once....heavy sigh........
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ZakBradshaw View Post
    That's awesome. What kind of 1911 is that? I already have two 1911's, Remington stainless fullsize and a Rock Island Armory officer model. I don't have a "WWII" style 1911 though. Thinking about trying to trade or sell a gun or two to get one of the Auto Ordnance "WWII" model 1911's to go with my Garand, Carbine, and Thompson.
    I have a Remington R1 that makes a nice stable mate to the garand, the m1 carbine and the Tommy.

With some helpful advise from GB I put a wide spur hammer on it and it's a great shooter. One of my favorites.
    My son got the enhanced with the beavertail and all the bells and whistles, it's nice too but I still prefer my GI style.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Thanks for the info. I would love to have a WWII dated 1911. I will get one at some point.

I have always loved the really dark brown/red look old milsurp stocks get from years of use.