Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: Muddy Magazines

Default Muddy Magazines

Had a blast (pun intended) at my second IDPA event, first of this season. It was cold and rainy and we had to keep fishing our empty magazines out of the mud but it was fun and we will definitely make the qualifier next month.

It's a great sport and a great time if you haven't tried it. Other than just being fun, it teaches you to move and shoot, use cover, and many other skills you will never learn at your regular range.

We also went trap shooting this morning. The snow was still on the ground but it was sunny and warm and I went 4/1/1 vs. my brother in law. I had to redeem myself because he smoked me at the IDPA.

"life is good"
    ​O|||||||O

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Agree. IDPA is a great sport for gun handling training. It is amazing how much control, speed and accuracy is developed....quickly. Fun group of guys of all skill levels. We just returned from our annual Florida 2 month trip and I'm anxious to get back into IDPA in April. All loaded up and ready to go.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I hate muddy mags!!! so much so I see it as a good reason to practice reload with retention.LOL.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

How did you clean your mags.?? Do you have a sonic cleaner, I find them helpful.

Nah. Just took 'em apart and wiped them out. It's been a busy year and I still haven't made an IDPA event. I'll make the season finale BUG match for sure tho. Probably shoot the PM9. It'll be the tiniest gun out there. Even for BUGs.

It's been awhile since I shot any clays too. Too many house projects. I thought I hung up all my construction/destruction tools for good. Guess I shoulda sold 'em!
    ​O|||||||O

I used to use a old toothbrush & bandana kept in range bag tool kit; got old fast when used during a match. still have 'em in the kit, but now kill two birds with one shot by reloading with retention (spent mags) keeps mag clean and good practice.

I shoot BUG DIV. w/CM9 (EDC) so most of the time I don't have to do a reload with retention like other div.(revolvers get break also) as I'm at slide lock after 6rds.
    maybe during a sanctioned match for the marbles I might get gungie