Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: 1927 A1 Extractor Issues

Default 1927 A1 Extractor Issues

I bought this 1927 used. The first time I I shot it after the 3rd round it jammed. I discovered that the Extractor had broken. I ordered from SARCO a new, military grade, extractor and installed it. Again, after about the 5th round it jammed. The extractor was "walking" itself forward, away from the bolt. I discovered that the walls of the extractor groove in the bolt were a bit loose, IE not holding the extractor tight. I gently peened it and managed to get it tighter, or so I thought. I then tried test firing again. Things were going well with 20+ rounds fired, then suddenly it jammed only this time the bolt was nearly fully back as the extractor had had gone backwards in the bolt slot and wedged inside, against the upper receiver case. it was a MAJOR task to get the extractor loose and the bolt unjammed.

My question is WHAT'S GOING ON? Is the bolt needing replaced? Do I need to get an Auto-ordinance extractor? HELP!

Thanks

pictures my dear komputatek.....

Default Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    pictures my dear komputatek.....
    What would you like pictures of? Ive removed the stuck extractor. The rest is a perfectly normal looking 1927A1

I had the same problem with my 1927 A1 when it also jammed after 3 rounds. I then polished the feed ramps and inside the throat area. I also polished the bolt and around the extractor. I never had another problem since I did that.
    Check the entire bolt and receiver for burrs or rough spots. make sure the bolts end (face where the extractor protrudes) is completely round.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by acep51; 09-21-2015 at 03:46 PM.