Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old friend back in the fold

Default Old friend back in the fold

Bought this gun new in 1993 for $260 primarily for my wife because the kids were off to college and it made her comfortable sitting by her bedside.

In 2007 for some reason I decided that I would sell all my 38sp. firearms and only keep the .357's and soft load the ammo thus preventing the "chamber ring" issue from using the shorter 38sp. rounds in the .357 revolver.

Sold the gun to a friend for $300 that year.

My daughter is recently divorced and I would prefer that she get training and have a gun in the house for MY piece of mind. Good news is, I am an instructor and work at a range with a bunch of other instructors. My daughter is proficient with a bow so I know she likes the process of aiming, holding, trigger press, follow through, and result.

I had no small gun that I felt confident to train her with because most semi's are a potential problem unless one is very well trained in the full operation and clearing any malfunctions which usually occur under stress, so I felt a revolver is in order just for starters, and my 340pd is a handful to say the least.

I called my buddy to see if he still had the Mod.60 I sold him 8 years ago. Yep, still in the factory box, two sets of grips, unfired from the day I sold it to him in 2007.

How much do you want for it, I asked timidly? "Just give me the $300 I paid you for it" was the response.

Yesterday, I was reunited with that little beauty. I had a set of rubber grips that will work fine until she learns to shoot it well. After that, I have a spare set of Crimson Trace laser grips to top it off.

Life is good.

"Never pet a burning dog"

A nice little firearm.........................at a good price.

^^^ Indeed it is! Nice revolver.
    ​O|||||||O

Congrats on the return of an old friend...that's a nice little revolver
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Yep it's good when they come home again....I have sent so many on their way only to regret it greatly later....You done good!!!....Congrats

I'll give you $350 for it.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I still have mine that was bought when I was in the gun businessin the late 60's. It is 90% totally engraved by Master engraver (Cols master engraver) Mike Dubber, back in 1974. Naturally back then I had to port the fokker but it is struly as piump gun with all the engraving. To top it off I have a set of herrets grips on it refinished by the colonel in T!tty pink, and now you really have a pimp gun. back in the 60's I think that gun retailed for $200 so if Muggsy offered you 300 I wil up that offer to 310$. being it is a prelock... Nice peace indeed.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I probably posted this before but when I sold the Mod. 60 I also sold that same guy a W.German P226 that I bought in 1991. I believe it was to fund a Jim Clark 1911 bullseye gun, which I never did warm up to and wound up with a Hammerli 280 followed up by a SP20, both in .32 S&W long.

Two years ago I bought that same P226 back from him for exactly what I sold it to him. I now carry that gun while teaching. Last Saturday, our local LGS brought in the Sig rep and armorer and offered a free SRT trigger install. Wow, what a difference in followup shots with the SRT trigger.

Apparently I learn slowly.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Good deal! I'm extremely fond of J-frames. Got my first one some time in the '60s and despite all the semis. including my P9, I find myself repeatedly drifting back to them. Older Model 60 and 442 continue in my u&c half dozen guns daily carry wardrobe.
    NRA Benefactor

Sometimes we kick ourselves for doing things like that, did the same thing with my shot gun and it came back home to me for the same price. Happy it came back to you also. And muggsy is low balling at $350 I'll go $375
    Rest in peace old sailor Mike
    In Memory of Mom: Standing 4'11" She would say come here so I can hit you as I looked down at her
    As my Olde buddy Jake said point at the belt buckle and muzzle rise will take care of the rest
    Live a little learn a lot