Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polycase ARX?

Default Polycase ARX?

Quote Originally Posted by DXTAC View Post
    Buy some PPU online. That's what I broke my CW380 in with along with Polycase ARX for carry. I am not kidding, I have not had a single issue ever. I did run one box of Federal aluminum without a hitch as well.

Cheers,

Derek
    Started a new thread because i've been wondering about this ammo. Anybody who's used it, especially in 380, what do you think?
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I have now fired about 40 rounds of the ARX through my CW380 without an issue. The pistol is well broken in with 400 rounds of PPU through the pipe and not one FTF, FTE or any other issue. I like the Poly because it's lighter and hits harder causing damage more like a 9mm. I EDC the .380 now and that was not my original intention. I may even carry it when it cools off and shorts and T-shirt weather is done. The penetration is awesome and should be good for winter clothing up here in the Windy City.

Cheers!!

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Going to try it out when I find some. I guess they're associated with Ruger now, which leads me to believe the ammo may not be just a gimmick like some other innovative loads.
    http://www.ruger.com/micros/ammo/index.html?r=y
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

LGSs don't seem to have Polycase ARX in stock. Just ordered some from Buds which had it cheapest of the reliable online dealers. Looking forward to trying it out. Recoil with Kahr 380s is already good compared to other pocket guns but I'm guessing it may be even less noticeable with these lighter loads.

Derek, do you by chance use the magguts system to get an extra round in your mag? Works with ammo I've tried so far, wondering if it will feed ARX as well
    Rest in peace Muggsy

The Polycase ARX is designed to fragment if it strikes a barrier. I don't see this as a good thing. A rib bone is a barrier. I'll stick with my time proven Hornady Custom 124 Gr. round for carry until I see some autopsy reports on the ARX.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

SlowBurn - I do not. I use the standard 6 round, one in the chamber and an extra mag. Nuttin fancy.
    On another note I did buy 3 boxes, GULP, of the ARX in 45 for my CW45 winter carry and my RI 1911. Each ate it up without a hitch. The 1911 is in the night stand and as I stated I carry the cw45 in winter months.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Ruger branded box from Bud's and took it to the range today to try out with my CW380. Used different mags including a Kahr 7 round extended mag and a 6 rounder converted to 7 using the Magguts system. Zero problems feeding or firing with any mag. Spun the metal targets on the tree fine. I also wasted a box of Hornady CD just to get a get a side by side. Recoil with the Hornady is not bad, but the ARX is a bit less.

I like it a lot ordered some more, and plan to start carrying it. A side benefit is the lighter weight, which makes a difference in a pocket gun especially with the extra round crammed into the magguts mag.

Muggsy, thats a good point. I don't know whether I'm counting on the 380 to break bones but I suppose if it hits with enough velocity it might, even if the bullet deforms or shatters.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

I'm more concerned about penetration. I know that my chosen Hornady load will reach vital organs. Not so sure about the ARX.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

The ARX ammo is available at Field & Stream shops. Haven't tried it yet.

Full review in Nov American Rifleman
    http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...se-arx-bullet/
    Rest in peace Muggsy