CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polycase ARX?

Remember the old stuff was new when it came out. Sometimes new is better.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Why do people keep buying ammo they know nothing about??????????? The regular stuff works just fine, and has for years. Just ask the people who have been shot.
    I thought the .380 tests performed by Shootingthebull.net were a good look into the different capabilities of the various .380s. They are definitely not all the same. I've also read the stats that show that most people that get shot once with anything (.22) decide that's enough to make them stop, but there are always those few that don't stop. I imagine the majority of those are either crazy or on drugs. Or heck, maybe they are tough as nails like ol' Teddy Roosevelt and can take a bullet and just go on like nothing ever happened for a couple of hours. He was shot and went on to give a very long speech.

So, I know what you mean, but I just want the best bullet I can get in my little CW380. If it was a .45, I don't think it would matter so much, but with the .380, it sits right on the line of good enough. I want all it has to give. I haven't been on here in awhile, and I was content to carry the XTP bullets. Those seemed to be universally excellent and outperformed other .380s, and they feed great in my CW380. But, I came back around to check things out, see what was new, and within a couple of weeks I have a new hardened tool steel striker from Lakeline, and one additional round in my magazine thanks to Magguts. (I'm looking forward to seeing what Al comes up with for the 380 magazine!) I didn't need or have to have those, but they seem like nice, incremental small improvements. If there is something better, why not go with that. I just don't know if the new ARX/Polycase bullets will create a large wound track in tissue. I think they will, but I'd like to see someone shoot a pork butt and dissect it just for kicks to make sure it cuts tissue like it cuts ballistic gel. If it does, then it's the new king of the hill. All of the gel tests look great. Have you seen them? More destructive bullet, excellent penetration, faster bullet, less recoil for quicker recovery, and they weigh less in the pocket. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Salty

I do not use it in 380 but do use the Plus P in my 9mm. Fast, accurate, Plus P with about 20% less felt recoil. I had read many review but saw this in a review of the LCR9mm which I own.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2016/05/ruger-arx-9mm-p-ammunition-test-and.html

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/search?q=lcr+9mm

I still wan to try these.
    CW9 1000 rounds * CW380 950 rounds
    www.jdlautodesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Why do people keep buying ammo they know nothing about??????????? The regular stuff works just fine, and has for years. Just ask the people who have been shot.
    I agree 100 percent, that is why I try and look at all the ballistic test and then shoot those rounds through my firearms. One reason I love the ARX Plus P in 9mm!! Shoots great, accurate, fast and 15% reduction in recoil.

Available in bulk at Ventura Munitions $87.50 for 250 rounds - pretty close to price for .380 FMJ range ammo.
    https://www.venturamunitions.com/ven...mo-250-rounds/
    I've shot quite a bit of it now, working on my 3d box. I can't tell any difference from Ruger branded.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I'm with the wait and see autopsy reports group. Balistic gel, dead turkeys, side of dead beef and others is not the same as a living breathing person with layers of some unknown clothing.

I know what happens if I try to drill with a high speed bit through a piece of nylon carpet or polyester. The fibers get wrapped up on the drill bit. Not saying this would happen, just need more real life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by DM123 View Post
    I'm with the wait and see autopsy reports group. Balistic gel, dead turkeys, side of dead beef and others is not the same as a living breathing person with layers of some unknown clothing.

I know what happens if I try to drill with a high speed bit through a piece of nylon carpet or polyester. The fibers get wrapped up on the drill bit. Not saying this would happen, just need more real life experiences.
    How fast was the drill bit traveling when it hit the carpet?

Guntests Magazine (gun-tests.com), an excellent source of info since they actually test and compare when they report and do not take advertising, tested Ruger-branded ARX .380 rounds in their August 2016 issue and gave them an A Grade, along with 4 others among the 11 tested. They applauded the ARX's penetration, but indicated that accuracy was slightly less than the other compared rounds. The test was conducted with a Rock Island Armory Baby Rock, a shrunken 1911 with a 3.75" barrel, which seems very long for a current .380 pistol. I wish they had tested with a pistol that we would likely carry. This test is a repeat of a 2010 ammo test, with another pistol, in which they concluded, in less powerful pistols like .380s, they would recommend powerful and heavier FMJ rounds to assure penetration to 12+".

I conclude, from the vast product improvements in 6 years, that Obama was not only the greatest gun salesman and NRA fundraiser in history, but also the best ballistic quality engineer.

Bottom line: You would likely be fine with ARX rounds, but the real payoffs, as with any pistol, are with reliability in your own pistol and shot placement. In a tiny pistol, the lesser recoil of a 56 grain ARX or any very light round might help you shoot more rapidly. FWIW, Guntests gave their highest score, an A+, to the 99 grain Federal HST round, the heaviest bullet weight tested.