Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to get a new blade

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I don't know the model name, but I've been using this Spyderco for over 30 years, and have never sharpened it. I don't carry it, andt it has been used mainly as a fishing tackle knife, but it's been used for many other things as well. I realize that there are much better knives for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$, but for the money, you can't beat a Spyderco. It opens very easily from your pocket. The blade is 3 3/4". I am seriously thinking about starting to carry it.
    Looks something like my trusty Spyderco Pacific Salt H1.
    Here it is beside my spanking new Kahr Delica 4.

That Kahr Delica is on my wish list and has been. Good looking knife.

I think I want a Blue one but don't matter much.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I guess I need a lesson on the purposes of all the different blade designs. So far I've always picked knives based on the appearance of the handle. I definitely prefer wood...or stag. Been drawn to looking at fixed blades lately myself.
    ​O|||||||O

In reality there are only a few blade designs that are specifically designed to do something different, which is why picking based off the handle for you has worked out.

Hawkbill. (Accents tip sharpness for cutting)

Dagger. (Accents tip sharpness for stabbing)

Sheepsfoot/Warncliff/Coping. (Accents blade sharpness over everything else)

Everything else. (Strikes a balance between the three)

General purpose knives need to have a rounded blade edge (which means no Sheepsfoot/Warncliff/Coping unless it's slightly bent) to allow for a larger usable blade area for multiple tasks, everything past that is personal preference.

I like that Spartan that you had the link for, that looked like a good one. I'd like assisted opening, they are so much handier when you have one hand full, and need to cut something. I wasn't sure if that Spartan was a thumb flicker or assisted opening. But it was definitely "grippy", and the blade length was about what you were looking for.
    I'm with Bawanna on knife fights, they are my last resort. Hopefully I can destroy the attackers knees with some kicks, before he can use his knife. My knives are all tools to be used as needed, and not for fighting, except for my 12+ inch mini scimitar. One of my favorites is a Puma Stockman 3 blade folder pocket knife that I really like, with the standard long clip point blade, and a sheepsfoot, and a spay blade. A nice german quality pocket knife that I've managed to hold on too for many years.
    Did you get the Spartan?
    If not, here are some assisted opening knives, a couple with blades over 4": http://www2.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?ttl=Assisted%20Opening%20Folding% 20Knives&wodescriptiondatarq=assisted&a=folder&&&s =85
    A Gerber assisted opening with 4" Tanto blade:
    http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/GB000581/Gerber-Answer-XL-FAST-Assisted-Folding-Knife-4-inch-Tanto-Combo-Blade-Aluminum-Handles
    That site lists 22 pages of assisted opening knives, but few with 4" blades. They have quite a few more with 3.75 to 3.875" blades.
    I like the Gerber out of the ones I linked too. That site has a LOT of knives of all types to look over.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

My work requires me to travel a bit, mostly to new or expanding petro/chemical plants. I bought a used BenchMade Contego from a hard luck contractor that needed the money, got a good deal price wise.
    I love it, the Axis system is awesome. Prior to this I always carried a Kershaw or Cold Steel knife, never could see spending the money for a BenchMade. But now, I may never go back.
    The Contego blade is just shy of 4" (.020), but is an awesome knife, I believe if is called a tactical folder.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BM8...mpaign=contego
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That Kahr Delica is on my wish list and has been. Good looking knife.

I think I want a Blue one but don't matter much.
    You mean something like this?

You got two?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    You got two?
    That's not mine - LOL!
    Just found a cool pic and thought you might like it.

I kind of like it, I don't think the blue is too girlyman.

I was set on black but blue might be kind of nice too. That is since I can't get stag.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan