CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug on a hot rock dance

The kids that run this pawn shop are good family friends. Their Dad and I go back over 40 years in the gun buyin' and tradin' bidness.. I'm bettin' they call me the minute it gets in.

Only trouble is, my patience has went to the same place my memory is goin'.

Take good care of a shop like that. I used to have a shop like that. Bought a ton of guns from them, had my wifes phone number on the wall and they often called and asked permission on my behalf.
    Best instance was when the Colt officers model came out. I wanted one soooo bad. I was a saving and such and finally had the loot. I hustled over after work already wearing a shoulder holster for it and when I go there, there wasn't one in the case.
    I asked a new kid working there where my officers model was. He asked if I had it ordered or set aside and I had to admit not exactly.
    The owner came around the corner and opened the safe and pulled it out. Said he knew I'd be back so he just set it aside.
    He grabbed a box of Speer Gold Dots off the shelf, loaded the mag chambered a round and handed it to me and I put it in the holster.
    Another fella filling out paperwork, didn't have a CPL and had to wait 5 days asked why I could just walk in and get a loaded gun set aside and not even ordered. Told him it was a long story.

They are still in business just a little too far to go now days. Still get a Christmas card every year and I try to take over some of the wifes cookies once in awhile.

You find a good dealer, take care of them, getting harder to find now days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Their Dad was the main character in a skit I wrote about mountain men in Wyoming. Like I said, we go waaay back!!

A story from my home page. There's more.

http://www.talesfromthehighlonesome.net/iggystory.html

Snake River Overlook where Iggy and Itchy use to camp.

That's excellent Iggy, read every word and hope to come back and read some of the others too.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Short rails in the CW45 frame?

Is that where it binds up when you squeeze the top of the slide & the bottom of the frame under the muzzle? If so, mine does that. Is that something that needs repair like the OP's? My CW45 is about 3 years old, but it runs pretty good.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post

Is that where it binds up when you squeeze the top of the slide & the bottom of the frame under the muzzle? If so, mine does that. Is that something that needs repair like the OP's? My CW45 is about 3 years old, but it runs pretty good.
    Yes that's the issue. The frame rails are too short and when the slide is fully in battery the grooves in the slide are past the rails. I had mine replaced a while back ( maybe a year and a half). Mine ran perfect with the short rails also, but it could be an issue at some point - IT AIN"T RIGHT. OP says new CW45, I'm wondering when it was made. You would think Kahr would have certainly addressed this by now.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...45+short+rails

Start at post 72. You could very well have the short rail issue.
    They generally run just fine, in fact some were hesitant to send it back they ran so well.

Take a look though and if you got the short rails, send er back. Kahr knows the issue and are fixing of course without question.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Mine was in the SF serial number range. Latest one I bought is in the SG range. When I called Kahr, there was no hesitation. He said find and FFL and send it in.

That was all he said though. He wasn't unpleasant, but he sure wasn't inclined to chat.

Is there a place to ascertain the age of a Kahr gun by it's serial number like some of the other brands of guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post

At a point it becomes an issue. Mine had it for several years but i didnt want to send it back because it ran so good. I eventually did because it got to a point that if i was shooting and didn't finish a mag, the slide would slide forward with enough force that the slide would bind against the rails and you would have to move your hand toward the muzzle (with a live round in the chamber) to give it a little lift so you could eject the live round. Not a good thing. It seems that the front of the rail wears over time and that starts happening. I had something over 1000 rounds through mine when I sent it back. Send yours back before the warranty is out (for safety sake).
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I would think they would fix that in or out of warranty myself but I got nothing to back that up with.

It took awhile for Kahr to accept it as a known issue and fix them without question.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan