Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My CW9's lack of safety got me a new toy!

Default My CW9's lack of safety got me a new toy!

Wife doesn't like that there isn't a safety on my cw9.
    sooo.. Long story short, I'm getting a ruger lc9 with built in
    viridian light for xmas. Comes with a pocket holster too..
    undortunatly no pics currently

Apparently your wife has no idea of how kahr pistols work... It utilizes a DAO self cocking trigger mechanism. How more safe do you want?

That trigger is why I put my M&P shield in the safe & now my CW40 & K9 are in my carry rotation

Your CW9 comes with several safeties that make it a safer gun than the Ruger LC9. First and foremost the gun cannot fire unless the trigger is pulled fully rearward because of the striker block. The CM9 also can't fire unless the gun is in full battery. It also can't be fired if there isn't a round in the chamber. A manual safety is no guaranty that you won't experience a negligent discharge. Manual safeties can accidentally be moved to the fire position. That can't happen with your CW9 as it has no external safety. The real safety of a firearm is dependent on the person holding the firearm. Your home is your castle and you are the person responsible for its protection. You, not your wife should be making the decision on how your home is protected. If she decides to assist you in protecting the castle then she gets to decide which gun she chooses to carry. That's a nice way of saying grow a pair.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Hey, he got a new gun out of the misunderstanding. Leave the man alone, he's brilliant!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I wish that would work with my wife... Heck, she's the one that got a Kahr first, because it had no safety to deal with. Of course I got one 3 days later..

Hey, if MY wife told me that, I'd have ordered an Ed Brown or Les Baer 1911 before she could even finish talking! Come to think of it, "Hey honey, my P9 doesn't have a safety and it's DANGEROUS that way, come read this post!"
    Life member - NRA
    Life member - CA Rifle & Pistol Assn.
    SW desert rat

A man using the wife as an reason to buy a handgun with a manual safety ?? Then its the ruger with a crappy triggered version LC9 not the LC9s !! And then he comes Here to tell use . Humm .

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I tried to run that by my wife and now she won't let me play with my Kahr cause it's to dangerous. WWWAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAA!
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

I would have gotten a new wife.........................................

I was in a wholesale store over the weekend and a lady was at the jewelry counter. Her husband said "if you get tbat I get the .50 cal."

I told the guy that sounded like a good deal to me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/