Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cm9 barrel peening after 500 rounds.

Update- I received my cm9 via Fed-Ex yesterday. I would have recieved it sooner but no one was home the first two days they attempted to deliver it. Kahr replaced the slide and barrel. The slide seems to be more refined then the one that initially came with. I'll be taking it to the range later on today. I plan on putting 200 rounds through it. I'm guessing it will need to be broken in again, although it came with the same guide rod and spring. I don't mind that though, any excuse to shoot.
    Kahr Pm9 DLC
    Sig p320
    S&w 642
    S&w model 64-1

I had the same issue with my brand new CM9 and Kahr only filed down the peened barrel after I sent it in. I haven't had any issues since but you can definitely see where it was filed. I guess it would hurt the resale value but I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

I am also experiencing peeling on the barrel hood. It didn’t start happening until I ran a small amount of +p ammunition thru it. Mine is out of the one year warranty. I am reluctant to purchase a new slide, barrel and recoil spring. Was there any factory recalls on earlier CM9s?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven High View Post
    I am also experiencing peeling on the barrel hood. It didn’t start happening until I ran a small amount of +p ammunition thru it. Mine is out of the one year warranty. I am reluctant to purchase a new slide, barrel and recoil spring. Was there any factory recalls on earlier CM9s?
    If it's peening most likely Kahr would replace it despite the 1 year warranty. That's sometimes considered a manufacturing defect.
    Certainly worth sending them an email and asking, pictures would help them make a decision.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."